PDA

View Full Version : Common Inspection Framework for Sept 2015 just published!

Simona
15-06-2015, 04:14 PM
CIF and all related handbooks published today!

https://www.gov.uk/changes-to-education-inspection-from-september-2015

Conkey
15-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Thank you x x

Simona
15-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Thank you x x

You are welcome...those are just for starters, more publications due out in the near future! :panic:

miffy
15-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Thanks Simona - more bedtime reading! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Maza
15-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Thank you. Wonder how long this version will last...

Smiley
15-06-2015, 07:16 PM
So many new documents published today. I've skimmed them all but need a breather now!

Simona
15-06-2015, 07:23 PM
So many new documents published today. I've skimmed them all but need a breather now!

I have done the same but found some of the terminology so un-early years...is it just me?

Simona
15-06-2015, 08:04 PM
These are the slides presented at the launch of the CIF....helpful I hope?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/434941/Common_inpection_framework_slides.pdf

There is a lot more info to come and hoping to get the notes from someone who attended...especially what inspectors are looking for in 'teaching'

Found it...not very good copy though...sorry but hope it is useful

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHj6FZlWIAEUG76.jpg

lollipop kid
16-06-2015, 05:54 PM
My head hurts with trying to even look at this lot! Well, done, Simona! :thumbsup:

L

catswhiskers
19-06-2015, 02:29 PM
I also found a lot of the terminology so un-early years.

Also in the short film about early years (does it mention babies, toddlers)? Nick Hudson says the key change is moving away from the "meeting the needs" judgement and emphasising on a "teaching" judgement which will be a key factor of the CIF.

It just seems once the 2 year old provisions in schools come about then they will inspect everything overall? How will they inspect childminders who might only have babies/toddlers at the time? Will it be more about "teaching" or "meeting the needs"? I would have thought meeting the needs would be more appropriate with a bit of teaching thrown in! but we will only see from future inspections.

Another thing I noticed was the spelling of childminder on the short film about a childminder. The title was
Child Minder.

Simona
20-06-2015, 08:36 AM
I also found a lot of the terminology so un-early years.

Also in the short film about early years (does it mention babies, toddlers)? Nick Hudson says the key change is moving away from the "meeting the needs" judgement and emphasising on a "teaching" judgement which will be a key factor of the CIF.

It just seems once the 2 year old provisions in schools come about then they will inspect everything overall? How will they inspect childminders who might only have babies/toddlers at the time? Will it be more about "teaching" or "meeting the needs"? I would have thought meeting the needs would be more appropriate with a bit of teaching thrown in! but we will only see from future inspections.

Another thing I noticed was the spelling of childminder on the short film about a childminder. The title was
Child Minder.

I share your worries...am I the only one not keen on this common framework? I have read so many articles saying how happy nurseries are because the EY sector is now on a level playing field...are we?
What will happen to the special Early Years phase we always talked about and know is so important?
those who inspect us will need huge knowledge of young children and how they develop...not just how we teach them .

I see children pushed more and more into institutions from birth...that is so worrying!