PDA

View Full Version : early years degree and PACEY

dawnlil71
13-06-2015, 12:19 PM
I would like to know if I would need to do the PACEY childminding course, if I have an Early Years degree. I have contacted numerous people, including OFSTED and still have no reply. PACEY have advised me to find out before I enrol. Thankyou in advance

Rick
13-06-2015, 12:41 PM
It's a requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage that everyone has to do a local authority course before they can childmind, regardless of previous qualifications.

You will need to check with your local authority as to how they want you to do this, online/face to face course etc

dawnlil71
13-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Thankyou Rick. I thought this would be the case but wanted to check before I enrolled :)

Simona
27-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Rick....I have a feeling that this requirement has been removed?

CMs can access their pre-registration training wherever they choose and that includes First Aid...for Safeguarding it is best to access the LA own training and follow the LSCB's own directives on how to deal with issues and who to contact

It may be better to check on this just in case there have been changes.
The OP mentions a Degree...maybe I have not understood well?

Rick
27-06-2015, 01:48 PM
Rick....I have a feeling that this requirement has been removed?

CMs can access their pre-registration training wherever they choose and that includes First Aid...for Safeguarding it is best to access the LA own training and follow the LSCB's own directives on how to deal with issues and who to contact

It may be better to check on this just in case there have been changes.
The OP mentions a Degree...maybe I have not understood well?

Maybe I should have worded it Local Authority approved course?

Similarly with first aid and safeguarding, best to go with LA approved providers or the LA themselves

Simona
27-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Maybe I should have worded it Local Authority approved course?

Similarly with first aid and safeguarding, best to go with LA approved providers or the LA themselves

First Aid can be accessed with any Accredited trainer...this has been so for a while
Safeguarding definitely best with LAs from the LSCB's point of view but other refreshers can be accessed with other providers...NSPCC is one as is Educare

Pre registration training does not have LA approved ....unless this has changed?
can anyone find this?
As most Cms do approach their LA first for the registration process LAs may offer the pre registration training.

I will check on this for my own information.