PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for lunch today?

Mouse
10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
The children ate earlier. One has gone home and the other 2 are asleep.

I'm going to make myself a banana sandwich. I might even have a toasted banana sandwich :happy banana:

So what are you having, or what have you had, for your lunch?

loocyloo
10-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Oooo that sounds nice.

Children all ate earlier here too, and on a Wed all have a 'proper meal' ...so had leftover veg chilli and couscous.

I've just had 2 slices of wholemeal seeded bread and butter and a nectarine!

I am enjoying the peace of 4 small children being asleep :-)

clareelizabeth1
10-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Banana sandwich I actually can't think of anything worse. I gag if I even get a wiff of banana.

I will be having an ice lolly as I have a mouth ulcer and it hurts to eat so have decided not to bother with lunch.

shortstuff
10-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Lunch? What's that? Mine have all dropped their nap so it now takes me 1 1/2 hours to pick at mine while I attend to all sorts :-(

lollipop kid
10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
The children ate earlier. One has gone home and the other 2 are asleep.

I'm going to make myself a banana sandwich. I might even have a toasted banana sandwich :happy banana:

So what are you having, or what have you had, for your lunch?

Hey, Mouse. Next time, why not toast the bread, spread some crunchy peanut butter on it, then mash the banana into it? It sounds disgusting, but is fantastic!

(If you want to treat it as a proper meal, try it with a side salad with vinaigrette dressing on it - yummy! I had it this way in a cafe in Covent Garden one time, which was very close to Pineapple Dance studios, and I was sold on the idea of thinking I ate like a dancer - and that's where the similarity ends. :laughing: But it's been one of my favourites ever since and I've now got my two kids hooked on this.)

All the best,

L

Mouse
10-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Banana sandwich I actually can't think of anything worse. I gag if I even get a wiff of banana.

I will be having an ice lolly as I have a mouth ulcer and it hurts to eat so have decided not to bother with lunch.

Ouch, that sounds nasty. Hope the ice lolly helped x

Mouse
10-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Lunch? What's that? Mine have all dropped their nap so it now takes me 1 1/2 hours to pick at mine while I attend to all sorts :-(

When I have children who don't nap I still get them to sit quietly for a short while after lunch. I need that time for a hot cup of coffee, if nothing else!

Mouse
10-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Hey, Mouse. Next time, why not toast the bread, spread some crunchy peanut butter on it, then mash the banana into it? It sounds disgusting, but is fantastic!

(If you want to treat it as a proper meal, try it with a side salad with vinaigrette dressing on it - yummy! I had it this way in a cafe in Covent Garden one time, which was very close to Pineapple Dance studios, and I was sold on the idea of thinking I ate like a dancer - and that's where the similarity ends. :laughing: But it's been one of my favourites ever since and I've now got my two kids hooked on this.)

All the best,

L

Ohh, that sounds nice :)

My daughter danced at Pineapple Dance Studios once, so I really think I ought to get her onto banana & peanut butter :laughing: