PDA

View Full Version : are EDUCARE course LA approved?

v 1461
09-06-2015, 10:44 AM
hello

I have done last year a few free educare online courses (as part of gold member childcare website)
one of the course is NSPCC child protection awareness ( 5 hours course): does that count as my child protection course and is it LA approved??
it doesn't say on certificate
thanks

Simona
09-06-2015, 10:52 AM
hello

I have done last year a few free educare online courses (as part of gold member childcare website)
one of the course is NSPCC child protection awareness ( 5 hours course): does that count as my child protection course and is it LA approved??
it doesn't say on certificate
thanks

Training courses do not need to be approved by LAs....you are free to choose any provider of your choice
Safeguarding is the only one you should attend from your LA because it has LSCB guidelines which vary from LA to LA and you need to know what their procedures are.

Educare is an Accredited training provider used by many including PLA.

v 1461
09-06-2015, 11:05 AM
simona,

Does that mean this course is not accepted by Ofsted as my safeguarding one ( the one we need to attend every 3 years)??

I'm starting to worry now

natlou82
09-06-2015, 09:45 PM
They were happy with my Educare cert on inspection but I had also made sure I was booked onto a local course. The Educare is good overall but it's definitely worthwhile booking onto a local one so you are completely up to date with current procedures in your area.

Simona
21-06-2015, 01:20 PM
simona,

Does that mean this course is not accepted by Ofsted as my safeguarding one ( the one we need to attend every 3 years)??

I'm starting to worry now

Educare courses are accepted
We also need to know our own LAs' LSCB procedures on how we respond and report concerns.
Educare will cover general safeguarding but you need to know your local requirements, the name of the team you contact, their number
Those should be available on their website or provided in a training course run by your LA
If you check 'Working together to safeguard children' March 2015 it explains it there on page 12 onwards