PDA

View Full Version : sorry I failed

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 11:54 AM
I just wanted to apologise for failing cm kind.

DS asked to go to ikea on mum n DS day.

We left n only spent £62!!!

Maza
29-05-2015, 12:04 PM
What did you buy? What did you buy?

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I got some new coloured drona boxes I don't have yet, only 5 though. More smelly candles. Plates,bowls n cutlery for the lo's, would be rude not to at 90p for 6! They've got plugs which take 3 USB leads too n only £7.

Oh n frozen meatballs for later.

Mouse
29-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Last time I went I spent less than £50 - I was totally ashamed :blush:

I even put back things that I didn't really need :eek::laughing:

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Last time I went I spent less than £50 - I was totally ashamed :blush:

I even put back things that I didn't really need :eek::laughing:

Wow! How did you put things back? I was walking round thinking OH would question why I was buying some of it but I was in a rebellious mood lol x

Mouse
29-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Wow! How did you put things back? I was walking round thinking OH would question why I was buying some of it but I was in a rebellious mood lol x

I don't know how I did it - it's not something I'd normally do!

I had a trolley full of stuff then when I got near the tills I stopped, looked through the trolley and took out anything that wasn't a necessity - unbelievable. I think my body must have been temporarily possessed by a non-childminder :laughing:

kellib
29-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I was there today too and spent £70!

bunyip
29-05-2015, 02:58 PM
I just wanted to apologise for failing cm kind.

DS asked to go to ikea on mum n DS day.

We left n only spent £62!!!

Shame on you.............

.................even I couldn't manage £62-worth of Swedish meatballs. :p

Kiddleywinks
29-05-2015, 03:25 PM
:panic::panic::panic:

I suggest you get yourself back to Ikea and go round properly, and with your eyes open!

:laughing:

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 03:36 PM
I don't know how I did it - it's not something I'd normally do!

I had a trolley full of stuff then when I got near the tills I stopped, looked through the trolley and took out anything that wasn't a necessity - unbelievable. I think my body must have been temporarily possessed by a non-childminder :laughing:

Oh wow! Although I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Shame on you.............

.................even I couldn't manage £62-worth of Swedish meatballs. :p

Haha my OH isn't going to be happy with the bag I bought ad it is lol. He isn't a fan :-)

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 03:38 PM
:panic::panic::panic:

I suggest you get yourself back to Ikea and go round properly, and with your eyes open!

:laughing:

Maybe that was the problem. It's the 1st time I've gone in since getting glasses again. Maybe I got the wrong prescription? Lol

tess1981
29-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Confession time.... bless me fellow childminders for I have sinned.... I have only been to Ikea once in my life....!!!!!
But in my defence the nearest one to me is over 40 miles away

shortstuff
29-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Confession time.... bless me fellow childminders for I have sinned.... I have only been to Ikea once in my life....!!!!!

I think that's fair enough :D

The one where I am isn't far enough away lol. In fact it's in the same place where I go for clothes or anything other than food lol

cathtee
29-05-2015, 04:18 PM

I too confess I have only been twice 1st time didn't buy anything 2nd only £20 :blush: and don't have the same excuse as you Tess I'm only 10 miles from mine but you can't find a car space so hubby won't take me again.

tulip0803
29-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I also have a confession :blush: - I haven't been to Ikea since the Nineties :blush: :blush: - My defence is I used to live in Kent & Essex so could go to Lakeside. I now live in Wales and my nearest is Cardiff 78 miles away

shortstuff
30-05-2015, 05:40 AM
I'm in shock! When OH came back from work I mentioned a hammock I saw in there which I really liked. His reaction? Why didn't you buy it!

Long story short he feels guilty for leaving my old hammock outside for 2 years. In all winds and weathers. So when I sat on it to watch the mindees play it ripped. It was a true 'you've been framed' moment.

smurfette
30-05-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm in shock! When OH came back from work I mentioned a hammock I saw in there which I really liked. His reaction? Why didn't you buy it! Long story short he feels guilty for leaving my old hammock outside for 2 years. In all winds and weathers. So when I sat on it to watch the mindees play it ripped. It was a true 'you've been framed' moment.

Lol did he have a camera?! Bold oh., definitely go back and buy one from his money :)

FussyElmo
30-05-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm in shock! When OH came back from work I mentioned a hammock I saw in there which I really liked. His reaction? Why didn't you buy it!

Long story short he feels guilty for leaving my old hammock outside for 2 years. In all winds and weathers. So when I sat on it to watch the mindees play it ripped. It was a true 'you've been framed' moment.

Well loosely translated hes saying go back and fetch it and I will pay :D

Love my hammock its the only thing I do remember to bring inside

shortstuff
30-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Lol did he have a camera?! Bold oh., definitely go back and buy one from his money :)

It was only mindees here sorry :D

It bloomin hurt mind you. I just sat still n they didn't even notice :-)

shortstuff
30-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Well loosely translated hes saying go back and fetch it and I will pay :D

Love my hammock its the only thing I do remember to bring inside

I will have to take my car too cause it won't fit in his lol. Can't use his petrol for this visit :-(

shortstuff
06-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Well just to update you all. I think I've redeemed myself. I've been back to ikea and spent £200+. OH came with us. We bought the afore mentioned hammock and DS a new mattress.

Mouse
06-06-2015, 04:47 PM
I've failed again!

We made an unplanned visit to Ikea and I spent less than £12!!!

In my defence I did have a splitting headache and wasn't really concentrating. On the plus side, we did price up bedroom furniture which we'll go back for in a couple of weeks, so my spend will be much bigger :D

shortstuff
06-06-2015, 05:08 PM
I've failed again!

We made an unplanned visit to Ikea and I spent less than £12!!!

In my defence I did have a splitting headache and wasn't really concentrating. On the plus side, we did price up bedroom furniture which we'll go back for in a couple of weeks, so my spend will be much bigger :D

Bless you. I hope your headache clears quickly for you.

I have given in to request and bought their hama beads. DS was desperate to try them when we got home. So 2 new trinkets make lol.

tess1981
07-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Well I went the 40 odd mile trip to Ikea today and spent £27 lol. But I seen so much I wanted but do not my house over run with childminding toys and plastic tables etc. My boyfriend managed to spend £70 though :) it took us 2.5 hours to go though it all....