PDA

View Full Version : Do i still charge?

Georgiepoo
26-05-2015, 06:00 AM
Have a little one on a term time contract but agree to have him in the holidays when required with 2 weeks notice.
I charge for term time and for only the days I have in holidays.
I didn't have little one Thursday and Friday after school as he had the sickness bug as it was contracted hours I still charged, I was meant to have little one today for 9 hrs as it's half term but mum is now ill and is keeping him home as she isn't goin to work-we have had these half term days booked for a few weeks-do I still charge?

blue bear
26-05-2015, 06:42 AM
What does it say on your contract. For term time only children I have a booking form for holidays and on the contract and booking form it states ,once holiday hours are booked and confirmed by me they will be charged for regardless of use unless I cancel.

natlou82
26-05-2015, 07:23 AM
I do the same as Blue Bear. Once Adhoc places have been booked they need to pay unless I have to close. I am clear on contracts and booking forms about this though.

Georgiepoo
26-05-2015, 07:25 AM
My contract is just term time only and verbal agreement for any childcare in school holidays.
I have already given this months invoice with today, weds and thurs booked for childcare, would you adjust it or charge for today as it was booked?

Simona
26-05-2015, 07:35 AM
My contract is just term time only and verbal agreement for any childcare in school holidays.
I have already given this months invoice with today, weds and thurs booked for childcare, would you adjust it or charge for today as it was booked?

Update your contract so that you have TT care agreed and then occasional care 'as and when requested based on availability' agreed too.
Once this is signed for in a contract by all parties parents need to pay you because you have offered and reserved the space.

blue bear
26-05-2015, 03:50 PM
I think I'd try the as you have booked it then it's still payable. Then if parent argues say you will refund on this occasion only and in future once booked must be paid for. Write this on your contract and get parent to sign and date the amendment.