PDA

View Full Version : New EY inspection handbook May 2015

FloraDora
25-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Serves me right for not working on my room dilemma! Browsing and found.......

New EY inspection handbook out!
It's at www.gov.uk - my iPad won't copy url.at the moment / government / uploads

note page 11 paragraph 37 around planning And Obs
I like 36 - equally as important is individual child led learning and our ability to step back and support appropriately and 37 - planning - inspectors should not routinely expect to see written plans ...and it goes on to say more....about practise ....

sarah707
26-05-2015, 06:38 PM
NEW - this is the link for the new Ofsted 'Early Years Inspection Handbook' which inspectors are using now during inspections - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspecting-early-years-handbook-for-inspectors

The handbook replaces 2 current documents - 'Inspecting Early Years Providers: Evaluation Schedule' (Sept 2014) and 'Conducting Early Years Inspections from September 2014.'

AND this is the link for the PLA guidance to the handbook including changes - https://www.pre-school.org.uk/whats-new/policy-updates/ofsted-updates

Hth :D

Simona
27-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Serves me right for not working on my room dilemma! Browsing and found.......

New EY inspection handbook out!
It's at www.gov.uk - my iPad won't copy url.at the moment / government / uploads

note page 11 paragraph 37 around planning And Obs
I like 36 - equally as important is individual child led learning and our ability to step back and support appropriately and 37 - planning - inspectors should not routinely expect to see written plans ...and it goes on to say more....about practise ....

I see you missed my several posts where I put a link to the new handbook several days ago....and also the thread where I put a link to Ofsted Power Point presentation to back the new handbook? :rolleyes:

Jokes apart...yes it is finally happened ...we have a new inspection framework....al that is left is to have a EYFS that makes sense and follows it...looks like Ofsted are ahead of DfE...but then the govt has been otherwise engaged in an election!!

If you look at the PP take notice of slide no 6...more changes are on the way!!
Good luck everyone!

loocyloo
27-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Thanks ...
I must look at it ... having to reply so I can find post again
... I'm on my phone and easier to follow links on pc!

loocyloo
27-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks ...
I must look at it ... having to reply so I can find post again
... I'm on my phone and easier to follow links on pc!

ok ... so read it now ... but basically, apart from the emphasis seeming to move from the children to the staff, and then the emphasis being on teaching the children ... ( which we do anyway ) has anything really changed? or have I totally misread it?

Simona
27-05-2015, 07:40 PM
ok ... so read it now ... but basically, apart from the emphasis seeming to move from the children to the staff, and then the emphasis being on teaching the children ... ( which we do anyway ) has anything really changed? or have I totally misread it?

I think the Ofsted Power Point presentation is actually more helpful....looks like many providers are finding it very useful
PLA have done a comparison between current and new framework...I don' t have it at hand but will post it when I find it

Simona
14-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Look out for The Common Inspection Framework handbook for providers which Ofsted are due to publish this coming week!