PDA

View Full Version : ey2 help!

crumpet54
14-05-2015, 02:18 PM
excuse me if I am being really silly but I am getting in a pickle with the process-
whe do we complete the ey2 form?
so far I have got my dbs back and paid for the update,
awaiting OH DBS
received back from the GP health declaration completed
nearly completed training with LA first aid to be completed in June
im working though the pre reg booklet
completed policies/paperwork
applied for start up grant
preparing playroom set up

so do I start my ofsted application? now? when do I complete ey2 form? I kep reading about ey2 forms for partners etc do I need to complete ey2 form?
im sorry but I think im just having a panic set in now as I am getting closer it is beginning to feel quite real now (yikes!)

greenfaerie
14-05-2015, 02:27 PM
My recollection is that you fill in the EYC form online and near the end of the form you put your partner's details in and they email them the EY2 form. However you will both need your DBSs back before you can submit the application. Once both forms have been submitted with the DBS numbers on them, then Ofsted will start to look at them. I applied back in October, but this is what I think I did. (Rubbish memory) :)

Edit to add: They email your partner a link to an EY2 form that is linked with your application, not an actual form, in case that wasn't clear. :)

crumpet54
14-05-2015, 02:39 PM
thank you,
so once my oh dbs comes back do you think I should then apply?
aaaahhh! im scared! :panic:

crumpet54
14-05-2015, 02:53 PM
another question !
can I make a start on the application form, will it save and I can add to it go bck once the dbs is back? or do I have to complete it all in one go?
thanks

greenfaerie
14-05-2015, 03:08 PM
When I did it, it did give you an option to save, which I did. I spent hours on it before I got the DBSs back, meticulously researched my job history dates and spent ages filling it in and in the delay for my partner's DBS to come back the system lost my application for some mysterious reason. I was devastated as that was a few hours wasted. I would suggest getting a gateway account and looking at the form. Write down on paper anything you already know, and look up dates and contact details that you'll want to put on your application. But if I were you wouldn't waste time on the form before I was ready to submit it, just in case.

The form isn't scary, it's just like any job application really. I was confused as to why I had to write details of my employment history when you don't need relevant experience, but I put it all in none the less.

The scary bit is the pre reg visit. (Which is nowhere near as scary as you'll think it will be) :D

crumpet54
14-05-2015, 03:43 PM
When I did it, it did give you an option to save, which I did. I spent hours on it before I got the DBSs back, meticulously researched my job history dates and spent ages filling it in and in the delay for my partner's DBS to come back the system lost my application for some mysterious reason. I was devastated as that was a few hours wasted. I would suggest getting a gateway account and looking at the form. Write down on paper anything you already know, and look up dates and contact details that you'll want to put on your application. But if I were you wouldn't waste time on the form before I was ready to submit it, just in case.

The form isn't scary, it's just like any job application really. I was confused as to why I had to write details of my employment history when you don't need relevant experience, but I put it all in none the less.

The scary bit is the pre reg visit. (Which is nowhere near as scary as you'll think it will be) :D

Great thanks for your help. No I mean I'm scared that it is all actually happening now! It's becoming a bit real now! Funny enough I'm not too scared about the pre reg with ofsted it's the actual being out there and running a business, being self employed etc that's scaring me!

greenfaerie
14-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Haha. That's the fun bit. :D You get to be your own boss and do things as you think best. (Inside Ofsted's rules of course) :)

crumpet54
14-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Haha. That's the fun bit. :D You get to be your own boss and do things as you think best. (Inside Ofsted's rules of course) :)
Yeah true! I'll be fine I think it's because it's starting to all come together now! Yikes!