PDA

View Full Version : Inspection question

mumofone
03-05-2015, 09:22 PM
As a newly registered childminder will I be inspected within 30 months of my registration date or before July 2016 (the end of the current inspection cycle)? Anyone know? :-)

FloraDora
03-05-2015, 10:01 PM
As a newly registered childminder will I be inspected within 30 months of my registration date or before July 2016 (the end of the current inspection cycle)? Anyone know? :-)

Sorry, can't help you ..although I think it will be 30 months ...but at 10.22 on a Saturday bank holiday weekend you need to switch off!!!!
It is so easy to slip into thinking about this profession all the time!

mumofone
03-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry, can't help you ..although I think it will be 30 months ...but at 10.22 on a Saturday bank holiday weekend you need to switch off!!!! It is so easy to slip into thinking about this profession all the time!

Haha I have no life, I have a young baby so my Saturday nights aren't very rock and roll!

Simona
04-05-2015, 06:49 AM

There is no mention of a first inspection having to be within a cycle...only within 30 months.
I would assume that whichever cycle is running your inspection will be within that...but...we have an OBC coming up in London in June and I will certainly put that question forward and feedback to you.

If you are a little worried do ring Ofsted and ask...why not?...then you have it straight from the horse's mouth!!...and let us know what they say:thumbsup:

mumofone
04-05-2015, 07:50 AM
There is no mention of a first inspection having to be within a cycle...only within 30 months. I would assume that whichever cycle is running your inspection will be within that...but...we have an OBC coming up in London in June and I will certainly put that question forward and feedback to you. If you are a little worried do ring Ofsted and ask...why not?...then you have it straight from the horse's mouth!!...and let us know what they say:thumbsup:

Thanks Simona that would be great :-) And Yep I'll definitely contracf OFSTED for some clarification on it :-)

Simona
22-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Thanks Simona that would be great :-) And Yep I'll definitely contracf OFSTED for some clarification on it :-)

Looking at the new just published Ofsted EY Inspection handbook (May 2015) I can't find any reference to your question regarding 1st inspection.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspecting-early-years-handbook-for-inspectors

loocyloo
22-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Not sure about first inspection, but a friend was inspected recently ( just about 6yrs since last inspection ) and was told that EVERYONE who has not been inspected since sept 2012 will have been inspected by the end of 2015...
So no idea how that relates to inspection cycles!

Simona
22-05-2015, 11:10 AM
This is the current document referring to inspections ...p12 mentions all inspections to be carried out by July 2016
I have not seen a revised one since this was published but I will also clarify this at OBC London.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/framework-for-the-regulation-of-provision-on-the-early-years-register

lollipop kid
22-05-2015, 11:19 AM
This is the current document referring to inspections ...p12 mentions all inspections to be carried out by July 2016
I have not seen a revised one since this was published but I will also clarify this at OBC London.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/framework-for-the-regulation-of-provision-on-the-early-years-register

Thanks, Simona.

You may already have it on your list of questions to ask already, but if not, could you ask how much Childminders will need to pay to request an Inspection/re-inspection? I haven't seen anything on this lately, although I may have just missed it.

All the best,

L

Simona
22-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks, Simona.

You may already have it on your list of questions to ask already, but if not, could you ask how much Childminders will need to pay to request an Inspection/re-inspection? I haven't seen anything on this lately, although I may have just missed it.

All the best,

L

The paid re-inspections were part of the Children and Family Act 2014 but they have not been implemented yet nor has there been a decision on costs....only vague figures
See the article below and you will see PLA have made it part of their #EY Agenda manifesto
I do have it on my OBC list of questions already...PLA CEO is part of London OBC too.
It will be discussed at their AGM on 6 June...I am going so will feedback on the ICM LinkedIn group

Alliance calls for seat at funding review table | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1151499/alliance-calls-for-seat-at-funding-review-table)

In addition ...the new handbook on inspection just published does not clarify how we need to evidence use of EYPP...so look out for more updates