PDA

View Full Version : Fees when starting school

mum2two
03-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Just wondered how you all do this.

I have a mindee starting school in Sept, and she is a summer baby so will be doing part time, until after Oct half term.

I have a mindee ready to replace her in November.

Do you all still charge full fees whilst they are doing mornings & afternoons at school, or, I know what hours she will be at school, so do I just charge for when I have her?

There's always something new to think about!!!

Thanks

Kelly

Mrs.L.C
03-08-2008, 04:53 PM
This is completely up to you. I think most, if they have the space available to them fulltime, will charge full day but I personaly have only charged a part time rate in the past. This would be for the time they were with me but the rate would be slightly higher per hour than it would be for full time...If that makes sence

SimplyLucy
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
One of my fulltimers starts school in September but he won't be going full time until the start of October.

As he will still be taking up one of my under 5 spaces and I'll be taking him to school and collecting him for the afternoon I'll be charging for the hours he'll be at school.

It's going to be just the same as when he was at pre-school really.

mrsb
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
While my mindees have been half days at school I charge for the full day, as soon as they start school full days then I just charge for the time I have them :)

cloud9
03-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Same here they remain on the full time day (fees) until they go to school full time then they go to after school rates

miffy
03-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Children under 5 attending part time school still count in your numbers so I charge for the full day - once they start full-time school then I would only charge before and after school rates because you can then fill their space.

Miffy xx

Hannahlg
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
yeah we chrage full when at pre-school or school in the moring