PDA

View Full Version : When and how do Ofsted call

Beenletloose
13-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi
I'm due an inspection this year, which will be my second graded inspection.
I was wondering is it usually an ofsted inspector that calls or some have been contacted by a company called Trident.
Just wondering as I've missed quite a few calls on my house phone
And usually do 1471 when I get in and it's noramally 0800 nos etc
Thanks guys, I don't want to miss them and have the fear of them just showing up
Tracy

moggy
13-04-2015, 11:51 AM
'Tribal' is an inspection company Ofsted use. It could be an Ofsted inspector or one of the companies like Tribal that phone you.

I am finding Ofsted inspections are mostly happening 4.5 - 5.5 years after last inspection, with previously satisfactory or less being prioritised. Some are 6 yrs after previous inspection. But of course they could be much sooner.

By searching local Ofsted reports in your constituency by date (on Ofsted reports website) you can get an idea about how long after previous inspection they are coming out at the moment.

Beenletloose
13-04-2015, 12:54 PM
'Tribal' is an inspection company Ofsted use. It could be an Ofsted inspector or one of the companies like Tribal that phone you.

I am finding Ofsted inspections are mostly happening 4.5 - 5.5 years after last inspection, with previously satisfactory or less being prioritised. Some are 6 yrs after previous inspection. But of course they could be much sooner.

By searching local Ofsted reports in your constituency by date (on Ofsted reports website) you can get an idea about how long after previous inspection they are coming out at the moment.

Oh wow not the 3 year as expected then, mine will be 4 years in September and my last grade was a good, so maybe after that then
Maybe I'll look up tribals no so to look out for it
Thanks

moggy
13-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh wow not the 3 year as expected then, mine will be 4 years in September and my last grade was a good, so maybe after that then
Maybe I'll look up tribals no so to look out for it
Thanks

But inspectors can call from their private phones too (they are not office-based, they are out on the road doing inspections, self-employed I think) so not much you can do in terms of phone-number spotting!

Try to relax, it could be a looooong time till they get out to see you.

Reports round here for previously 'good' CMers are around 5-6 years before re-inspected. I have been monitoring them for a few months. For previously 'satisfactory' they are 4-5 years. But areas are different so if you are interested start checking Ofsted reports online regularly and make note of the dates of inspection and previous inspection.

Rubybubbles
13-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm a good and last inspected nov 2008!!! I am fed up of waiting now.....

FloraDora
13-04-2015, 06:00 PM
I first had a shirty letter from Ofsted telling me they had tried to contact me and because I should be always available I could be de registered - I had to phone a number!
The letter stated when they had contacted me - it was 2 weeks previous just before Easter bank holiday last year and just after - 3 times. When I checked on my phone there was a missed call on each of these days. But they had not left an answer phone message - it was on my home phone and I check if it is showing a message but do not check every time I come in to see if someone has phoned me! I was also on holiday (TTO) but apparantly that doesn't matter.

I rang OfSTED and they were really nonchalant about it all , whilst I was in a Tizz! Apparantly Prospects had called 3 times to check when I had EY children. She took my details and said she would pass them on to PROSPECTS... So I thought OFSTED would be on their way soon to do my first grading as May would have been 7 months after registration.
I got a call from my inspector in January this year! She phoned my home ( only number they have) and left a very warm message for me to ring back on a Friday lunch time. It gave me time to pull my thoughts together and when I did ring back she booked to come either the following Friday or the following week. She came the following Friday.

k1rstie
13-04-2015, 06:42 PM
If you get any 0800 or other numbers you do not recognise, if you put the number in Google you will get links to sites such as 'whohascalledme' . Mine tend to be PPI or you've had a crash in the past 2 years.

Evie125
13-04-2015, 07:51 PM
I have just had my inspection after 5 1/2 years. I received a call on my mobile number from a mobile number. I got the call on a Wednesday and was told I would be inspected either Friday or the following Monday or Tuesday. The inspector arrived on the Monday at about 9.15

Simona
14-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Tribal and Prospect inspectors will call in advance form their mobile ...well it is the mobile given to them as inspectors

Their mobile number will show as 'withheld' so we cannot call them...they can only call us.

mumofone
15-04-2015, 10:11 AM
With regards to OFSTED coming do they come at any time of the day? Do they tend to come in the morning? Would they tell you the time in advance? How long do inspections tend to last?

Evie125
15-04-2015, 11:42 AM
When the inspector rang she asked if we went to any play groups / would be out on any days. I told her she was welcome to come any time but mornings would fit better with the children's routines - two of children have a sleep after dinner but wouldn't sleep if anybody different was in house and would then sleep on way home and not for parents at night. She was happy to work with children's routines and said she would come 1 of 3 days before 10am. She arrived at 9.15 and left at 11.45

Simona
16-04-2015, 07:52 AM
With regards to OFSTED coming do they come at any time of the day? Do they tend to come in the morning? Would they tell you the time in advance? How long do inspections tend to last?

This Ofsted page on Gov.uk lists all the relevant publications to get ready for an inspection...probably worth saving in a special online folder.
The list includes the Evaluation schedule, framework for inspection and much more
Hope it is useful

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/ofsteds-inspection-of-early-years-providers