PDA

View Full Version : SO ITS GOING TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR

FussyElmo
10-04-2015, 08:16 AM
and its FRIDAY!!!!!!

Hope you all have something nice planned :thumbsup:

tess1981
10-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Too many to fit in a car today so back door open and 2 are already out the back playing waiting game on another 3 or 4 depending on who turns up... have a lovely rare day at the park yesterday as I only had 2 instead of 6.... ended up taking another 2 mindee's that my sister looks after (I have permission from their parents to take them out as I'm emergency cover for them anyway) had a great day one was an ex mindee of mine I have known him from he first came to me at 5 months he is now 8 and the other is my nephew/godson

smurfette
10-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Off today yippeee but it's not as hot today as earlier in the week .. Still about 16 though which is good cos dds have friends over. Always a gluten for punishment, we had a friend and her two kids over this am, they were to go out to another friend for lunch but her kids didn't know their kids and it was all looking a bit awkward so I told her to leave them since they were having a blast! However I had already arranged play dates for each of them so now I have six here but all mixing fine.. Youngest is 8 so no minding just need fed which is done! Now I am thinking maybe I will tackle my messy bedroom while they are busy!!

Maza
10-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Stunning here. DD was desperate to go to the Natural History Museum and so we have been there all morning and most of the afternoon. I thought it might be relatively quiet as it is such a lovely day but it was the busiest I have ever seen it- and we go a lot! I was getting so grumpy with people taking pictures of every single exhibit instead of actually looking at the exhibits. Will they ever look at those photos again? Why can't people live in the present?

Am just having a rest and a brew and then off into the garden again. x

shortstuff
10-04-2015, 02:50 PM
We are just on our way back from Portsmouth historic dockyard. It was amazing. We saw the mary rose. I saw it when i was at junior school back in the mid 80's n wow what a difference! Im so impressed with the way it is all presented. The staff were great too.

loocyloo
10-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Stunning here. DD was desperate to go to the Natural History Museum and so we have been there all morning and most of the afternoon. I thought it might be relatively quiet as it is such a lovely day but it was the busiest I have ever seen it- and we go a lot! I was getting so grumpy with people taking pictures of every single exhibit instead of actually looking at the exhibits. Will they ever look at those photos again? Why can't people live in the present?

Am just having a rest and a brew and then off into the garden again. x

it really annoyed me, the whole time we were in London ... everyone with a camera in front of them taking photos and only looking at things through the screen! ARGHH!

and don't get me started on selfies! DOUBLE ARGHHHHH!

tess1981
10-04-2015, 03:08 PM
it really annoyed me, the whole time we were in London ... everyone with a camera in front of them taking photos and only looking at things through the screen! ARGHH!

and don't get me started on selfies! DOUBLE ARGHHHHH!

:( :( :( better not.post my.photos of my weekend in London then lol but in my defence I uploaded them to free prints to day to develop them

loocyloo
10-04-2015, 03:09 PM
not a good day though here ... I had my 2 holiday only mindees arrive, and they were playing in the garden with my 2, when our beautiful cat had a massive fit and died in front of me.

I rang mindees mum and had her collect her children, as mine were upset, and there was no way I could do a 'fun exploring' day out in the woods. mum was brilliant and there was no fuss. we're now just wandering around trying to settle ourselves.

Our cat was almost 9 and was always under our feet, wanting to be where we were and would snuggle up to mindees and sleep in the middle of their games. Mindees who were here, saw him and gave him a stroke. I'm going to email my other parents and ask them to tell the children who are old enough to understand, and to be aware for the younger ones. Mindees all loved him.

Maza
10-04-2015, 03:12 PM
not a good day though here ... I had my 2 holiday only mindees arrive, and they were playing in the garden with my 2, when our beautiful cat had a massive fit and died in front of me.

I rang mindees mum and had her collect her children, as mine were upset, and there was no way I could do a 'fun exploring' day out in the woods. mum was brilliant and there was no fuss. we're now just wandering around trying to settle ourselves.

Our cat was almost 9 and was always under our feet, wanting to be where we were and would snuggle up to mindees and sleep in the middle of their games. Mindees who were here, saw him and gave him a stroke. I'm going to email my other parents and ask them to tell the children who are old enough to understand, and to be aware for the younger ones. Mindees all loved him.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Had he been ill?
I'm glad mindees mum understood. My parents are great in situations like that too and are worth their weight in gold. xxx

loocyloo
10-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Had he been ill?
I'm glad mindees mum understood. My parents are great in situations like that too and are worth their weight in gold. xxx

thanks

nothing wrong with him at all. in fact, I though he was having one of his 'funny 5 minutes' going loopy round the house, then I looked and saw him. horrible. but I was there, and I stroked him and spoke to him, so I am ok with it.

FloraDora
10-04-2015, 04:10 PM
We have had April showers here and definitely not the hottest day of the year!
Sorry to hear the sad family cat news, being a pet owner I understand how difficult losing one that has been in your family for nine years is. My thoughts are with you.

Big walk a.m.trying to learn how to photograph running water properly, collected lovely twigs and sticks for plant support and a weaving loom later, before water ran all over us in the form of an April shower!

Neighbour popped in with a washing machine hose for my new to be made water discovery area, then came back an hour later with 2 more he found at the skip! Sorted for hose now. But because of this we spent an hour talking/ preparing for the water wall! DH has cut up some bottles for funnels and milk containers for water to run off- all made from recycled materials.....now, on the last day of my holiday I am getting excited about when a particular LO who will love designing it, comes next!!
Spent a lovely two hours in the greenhouse with radio 4, potting on and sowing seeds, very relaxing, and from the afternoon story link I have decided to read War and Peace next, never read any Tolstoy - so a new adventure- if I read it on my kindle it won't feel so long I think.

Oh to live in London and be able to pop to the Natural History Museum! We are so torn for our real retirement, we want to move but really want to live in the country and the city! London always has good weather too....but we would be trading in our 4bed detached for a studio flat I think! Brighton is a definate maybe, after the Shetlands and Northumberland ....my lads think we should just rent and move around.....then we could do a couple of years in France too instead of our annual month.
Was only supposed to stop for a tea break so back out into the garden to prepare little planting activities for next week with LO's and a garden photo hunt- I am going to take photos of parts of areas - almost recognisable because they are so small and they have to look and find where it is - where they will find a dinosaur ...we have changed some areas so I thought it would help for them to explore the changes...then finally the T Rex on the last photo who will have a note telling them that in all the changes their home got lost....and a final clue leading to all the equipment needed, soil, rocks, spikey plants, wooden rounds, and a plastic dish for a lake ...to make a new one. So I need to take the photos of the dinosaurs in their places...before my friends arrive for an early evening G&t in the sunshine I hope!
Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Rubybubbles
10-04-2015, 05:26 PM
thanks nothing wrong with him at all. in fact, I though he was having one of his 'funny 5 minutes' going loopy round the house, then I looked and saw him. horrible. but I was there, and I stroked him and spoke to him, so I am ok with it. Oh no :-(. So sorry to hear this looloo

FloraDora
10-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Very cold evening now the sun has gone.

Update - took the photos - my DH and guests couldn't find some and they are 30x the age of the children completing it! so back in to the garden tomorrow to make it easier - sometimes good ideas need reflecting on and tweaking!

FussyElmo
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM
It wasn't as hot as they made out it was going to be. However it was still very nice.

I took the youngest 2 out for some geocaching. Managed to find 3 caches and walked for miles, I would like to think I have tired them out but I would be deluding myself.

I also saw a first today a miserable canal boat user. I have never seen one not wave or say hello to the children before. Prehaps he had seen the ghost in the harecastle tunnel :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maza I would love to be able just to go too but its a good journey away.

Loocyloo Im sorry about your cat :group hug:

Floradora hope you get your photographs#

Tess1981 how many turned up?

Shortstuff would love to see the MaryRose I remember when he raised it.

Smurfette you really are nuts :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maza
10-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Off today yippeee but it's not as hot today as earlier in the week .. Still about 16 though which is good cos dds have friends over. Always a gluten for punishment, we had a friend and her two kids over this am, they were to go out to another friend for lunch but her kids didn't know their kids and it was all looking a bit awkward so I told her to leave them since they were having a blast! However I had already arranged play dates for each of them so now I have six here but all mixing fine.. Youngest is 8 so no minding just need fed which is done! Now I am thinking maybe I will tackle my messy bedroom while they are busy!!

It's funny isn't it how playdates are just so much more laid back than childminding! x

tess1981
10-04-2015, 09:21 PM
It wasn't as hot as they made out it was going to be. However it was still very nice.

I took the youngest 2 out for some geocaching. Managed to find 3 caches and walked for miles, I would like to think I have tired them out but I would be deluding myself.

I also saw a first today a miserable canal boat user. I have never seen one not wave or say hello to the children before. Prehaps he had seen the ghost in the harecastle tunnel :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Maza I would love to be able just to go too but its a good journey away.

Loocyloo Im sorry about your cat :group hug:

Floradora hope you get your photographs#

Tess1981 how many turned up?

Shortstuff would love to see the MaryRose I remember when he raised it.

Smurfette you really are nuts :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ended up with 6 today so day at home but plenty of outdoor play :)

smurfette
10-04-2015, 09:57 PM
It's funny isn't it how playdates are just so much more laid back than childminding! x

Totally!! No worrying about what they are learning , the girls friends had our baby bunnies out all day and they have little sharp nails so they had some scratches going home just from holding them., if it was mindees I would be worries about it! Yes I am nuts but they had a great day!

Loocyloo so sorry Hun that's awful.. Glad you were there for him xx