PDA

View Full Version : A windy tuesday.

FussyElmo
31-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Hope everyone has stayed safe and not much damage substained.

I have no efys children today so after the school run I will be getting whatever I need for ds1 to go off to cadet camp. Is it a mum thing that I have had to buy new pants and socks etc for him :laughing::laughing::laughing:

FloraDora
31-03-2015, 08:37 AM
I used to take the year 6 every year on camp to the activity centres- part of the excitement of both boys and girls were their new pants and pyjamas! The first night they were always keen to get ready for bed ( just too excited to actually go to sleep).
Until I moved to a school in an area of deprivation- then I had to go out and buy the new socks and pants and pj's with the school budget because I knew that some wouldn't come with enough! Using pupil premium we provided a basic set of clothes for all as part of the resources! We kept the fleeces but underwear went home after.

Windy here - supposed to be going to LO's allotment in half an hour but already starting to explain that we may not stay long! Rain, wind, sunshine, wind, rain etc.... Alternative activity for a very excited soon to be dissapointed little boy being thought about !

Mouse
31-03-2015, 08:53 AM
It was very windy in the night, but the garden doesn't seem to have suffered too much.

A nice quiet day today with an early finish :D

Mouse
31-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Hope everyone has stayed safe and not much damage substained.

I have no efys children today so after the school run I will be getting whatever I need for ds1 to go off to cadet camp. Is it a mum thing that I have had to buy new pants and socks etc for him :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I still get excited about having new undies & PJs when I go on holiday :jump for joy:

And I always buy my boys pants & socks when it's their birthdays, even though the oldest is 24 now :D

shortstuff
31-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Its windy here but i am mostly unaffected luckily. Just DS's empty greenhouse moved from one side of the garden to the other.

I am gutted that the easter bonnet parade wasn't moved to another day though rather than inside as i couldn't watch with 3 EY's :( (they don't allow buggies indoors)

SYLVIA
31-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Very windy night here but no damage that I can see. Only 2 mindees today and they have gone already which I wasn't expecting. So I think I'll get some cleaning and clearing up done. Got all the family coming for dinner on sunday (8 plus 3mth old grandson) and as my DD1 had just had him at xmas, and sort of missed out a bit, we are having Xmas dinner and games at Easter instead.Right down to the secret santa too:)

FloraDora
31-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Update: my hair is standing up with a wind blown style - 2 hours of hardwork digging and weeding , LO is fast asleep, all happy that we went to his allotment. Managed to avoid rain though.
He gave me a tour, told me everyone's name of the plots and pointed out what they are growing, who grew from seed and who has the plants and just put them in- we matched all the water butt and compost lids that had blown off back to what I hope is the right one - talked about size and shape...before he helped with the digging....what a great place for him to go ( he just has a courtyard garden at home) - learning so much from being out there.

Gardening should be compulsory !!

tess1981
31-03-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm having snow... only for a minute or so every so often