PDA

View Full Version : First mindee starting

Sammy Jo T
21-03-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm thrilled to say that my friend has asked me to childmind her son one day a week, rising to two and is starting next week. We're having a get together before to sign contracts etc and I want to make sure I do everything professionally and don't miss anything. Do you have any advice on what I should make sure I cover in this meeting as I'm trying to make a checklist. I've already sent her my policies and procedures and a link to Tapestry so she can fill in his "All about me" form.

I'm so excited! :jump for joy:

moggy
21-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Contracts
Deposit
Permissions signed
Child record form- parent details, emergency contacts, GP, medical info etc.
Explainwhat they need to bring first day (spare clothes to keep at yours, nappies etc)
Explain what they need to bring each day (wellies, spare cardi, sun hat, hat/gloves etc)
Explain daily diary if you use one
Explain how you use Tapestry and get parent access set up

Sammy Jo T
21-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Contracts
Deposit
Permissions signed
Child record form- parent details, emergency contacts, GP, medical info etc.
Explainwhat they need to bring first day (spare clothes to keep at yours, nappies etc)
Explain what they need to bring each day (wellies, spare cardi, sun hat, hat/gloves etc)
Explain daily diary if you use one
Explain how you use Tapestry and get parent access set up

Thank you Moggy

lpatters
21-03-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm thrilled to say that my friend has asked me to childmind her son one day a week, rising to two and is starting next week. We're having a get together before to sign contracts etc and I want to make sure I do everything professionally and don't miss anything. Do you have any advice on what I should make sure I cover in this meeting as I'm trying to make a checklist. I've already sent her my policies and procedures and a link to Tapestry so she can fill in his "All about me" form.

That's great Sammy Jo T. Let the fun begin! Congrats on your first mindee x

Sammy Jo T
21-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Thank you hun! I know it sounds silly but I'm a little nervous but so excited! Once that contract is signed I'll feel like I can really call myself a childminder even if it only is one day a week at the moment! :)

lpatters
21-03-2015, 06:14 PM

lpatters
21-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Sorry I'm not sure how I managed to send the same message again lol x I've got just a one day a weeker at the moment too. Have another lady coming to see me next Fri who needs 4 days care so fingers crossed x

Sammy Jo T
21-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Sorry I'm not sure how I managed to send the same message again lol x I've got just a one day a weeker at the moment too. Have another lady coming to see me next Fri who needs 4 days care so fingers crossed x

lol I did wonder what happened there! Fingers crossed for you, let me know how you get on! X

Tulip
21-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Thats brilliant Sammy jo, I felt like I needed my first early years child before I could call myself a childminder and was so nervous and excited. Good luck :)

natlou82
21-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Well done - let the fun begin :-) good luck x

FussyElmo
22-03-2015, 07:48 AM
That's good news :thumbsup:

Enjoy :D

Ellisha
23-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Well done again :)

Little Dots
23-03-2015, 03:35 PM