PDA

View Full Version : Floor Area

Amanda70
12-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi, In the EYFS it gives measurements of floor area needed to determine how many children you can look after. My house isn't big, just a lounge/dining room for space to look after children. Is settees and chairs taken into consideration for the measurements cause if not I probably wont be able to be registered for many at all!! Thanks :)

Rick
12-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi, In the EYFS it gives measurements of floor area needed to determine how many children you can look after. My house isn't big, just a lounge/dining room for space to look after children. Is settees and chairs taken into consideration for the measurements cause if not I probably wont be able to be registered for many at all!! Thanks :)

It does say clear floor area so not the furniture. Not kitchens, hallways, bathrooms either.

KJohn
18-03-2015, 07:11 AM
I only have one reception room that I thought it may not be big enough but had my mentor come look and she said I should have no problems

Amanda70
24-03-2015, 12:27 PM
I only have one reception room that I thought it may not be big enough but had my mentor come look and she said I should have no problems

Thank you :laughing:

Rubybubbles
26-03-2015, 03:14 PM
You may only be able to have 1 or 2 children maybe but tbh the floor space I feel isn't a lot at all! I mainly work from my dining room (which is actually set up as a play room) I don't feel it's very big, but measurements more than big enough:thumbsup: you'll be surprised