PDA

View Full Version : do we need a VISITORS POLICY

v 1461
03-03-2015, 05:36 PM
hello,
is a visitors policy a must?
( I used to do visitors book but have stopped as only a few childminder friends come to see me during the day and I always forgot to make them sign.)

Mouse
03-03-2015, 06:23 PM
I have it included in my safeguarding policy that visitors will be limited while I am working, that no visitors will be left alone with the children, that I will check ID of any visitors I don't know etc etc.

I don't have a separate policy.

Rarara
04-03-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm doing the pre reg course atm and they have requested that we have a visitors policy and log book/record:)

hectors house
05-03-2015, 07:49 AM
I'm doing the pre reg course atm and they have requested that we have a visitors policy and log book/record:)

Although a visitors book is considered good practice, no where in the EYFS stat guidance does it say that Childminders have to have one. I have never had one, my inspector back in November didn't ask to see one and I got Outstanding. As Mouse said, I just mention in my Health & Safety Policy & Safeguarding Policy that I will not leave the children in a room with anyone not CRB checked.

Simona
05-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Agree with Mouse and HH....do not create anymore policies/paperwork than necessary
Those who train new cms need stop adding unnecessary paperwork to our work load.