PDA

View Full Version : PREVENT strategy

sarah707
01-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Are you aware of the new PREVENT strategy? The aim of the PREVENT strategy is to protect children from being radicalised.

We have updated our safeguarding procedures to talk about the strategy - https://knutsfordchildminding.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/safeguarding-procedures-update-prevent-strategy/ and shared the information with parents on our blog.

We will need to add more details when they become available - this is just an introduction for our parents.

I hope you find it useful :D

loocyloo
01-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks again (i think!)

I'm beginning to think I'd like to be an ostrich and stick my head in the sand!

Tulip
01-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks Sarah, by the way what have you had for breakfast today I can hardly keep up with you

sarah707
02-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks Sarah, by the way what have you had for breakfast today I can hardly keep up with you

Some members of our Independent Childminders Facebook group have asked for information to be kept in one place so they can better access things when they come available.

The FB group moves so fast that threads disappear if you are not online for a couple of days and you don't know what's new...

I've been thinking about how to do it over the weekend and consulted with lots of colleagues.

We realised that this section of the forum is a good place to plonk new information.

Everyone can see it without being logged in - it gets into Google because it's accessible by the spiders - it can go into colleagues' favourites lists to be looked at when they have a moment and want to catch up...

So I've done a bit of housekeeping and moved threads around and we'll keep everything together here :clapping:

Hopefully it will work better for everyone :D

Tulip
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Some members of our Independent Childminders Facebook group have asked for information to be kept in one place so they can better access things when they come available.

The FB group moves so fast that threads disappear if you are not online for a couple of days and you don't know what's new...

I've been thinking about how to do it over the weekend and consulted with lots of colleagues.

We realised that this section of the forum is a good place to plonk new information.

Everyone can see it without being logged in - it gets into Google because it's accessible by the spiders - it can go into colleagues' favourites lists to be looked at when they have a moment and want to catch up...

So I've done a bit of housekeeping and moved threads around and we'll keep everything together here :clapping:

Hopefully it will work better for everyone :D

Your work is very much appreciated, thanks :)

k1rstie
02-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Sarah, you have lost me, what are spiders?

FussyElmo
02-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Sarah, you have lost me, what are spiders?

Spiders are eight legged insects which when meet can result in a very loud pitched scream :laughing::laughing::laughing:

However in this case I will let google explain it

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/70897?hl=en

clareelizabeth1
02-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Must admit the second spiders were mentioned I shuddered and I know what they really are but can't help but imagine them crawling all over the forum.