PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY MORNING

FussyElmo
23-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Are we all back to normality today? Well the ones like me who does the school runs.

Its looking nice and sunny here today but its cold.

Im off to toddler group this morning and then have a settling in visit for a new starter :clapping::clapping:

Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

mama2three
23-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Inset day here so one more relaxed (ish!) day before the madness resumes tomorrow! Wrapping up warm and heading into the forest for a few hours to run off some energy and maybe some spring spotting.

hectors house
23-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Was trying to snow here earlier but rain forecast for later. Got an ex mindee here today as he has a training day and 2 younger ones, older mindee has brought his Longleat annual pass, I have a pass and the others are under 3 (well almost) so may pop over to do Safari park before lunch if it's not tipping down. Benefit of living only 3 miles from Longleat.

Mouse
23-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Morning.

All back to normal here, although all the children are arriving late. The downside is they're also finishing late today!

Maza
23-02-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't have any mindees today and DD is back at school so I have a rare day to myself - and am dedicating it to paperwork of course. Have one LJ that I am very behind on and might do the online allergens free course plus catching up on planning. To be honest, I really needed today with no mindees as last week was really hard and my nerves were on edge all week (one very noisy mindee/family and intolerant neighbours). I need today to breathe. Have taken a meal out of the freezer for dinner so I don't have to cook tonight to allow me to get as much paperwork done as possible.

Pixie dust
23-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Back to normal here too.....one schoolie feeling a little under the weather so we had a few tears (Yr) I have a 2 year old on a Mon who basically screams and tantrums for the first half an hour then settles ......I love Monday mornings ;)

shortstuff
23-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Was trying to snow here earlier but rain forecast for later. Got an ex mindee here today as he has a training day and 2 younger ones, older mindee has brought his Longleat annual pass, I have a pass and the others are under 3 (well almost) so may pop over to do Safari park before lunch if it's not tipping down. Benefit of living only 3 miles from Longleat.

Have to say I'm very jealous that you can go to longleat so easily. Lurve that place, have a fab time :thumbsup:

hectors house
23-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Have to say I'm very jealous that you can go to longleat so easily. Lurve that place, have a fab time :thumbsup:

The tigers and lions walked beside and round the front of the car - were so close that if we had had the windows open we would have been able to smell their breath!

FussyElmo
23-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Are we all back to normality today? Well the ones like me who does the school runs.

Its looking nice and sunny here today but its cold.

Im off to toddler group this morning and then have a settling in visit for a new starter :clapping::clapping:

Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

I have had a lovely seeing in session. My Lo now having a nap so back to the twitter campaign ;-)

FussyElmo
23-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Keep trying to persuade dh we need to visit longleat but it is a bit far for the day

hectors house
23-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Keep trying to persuade dh we need to visit longleat but it is a bit far for the day

You wouldn't see half of it in a day, they do a 2 day ticket so you would be better off making a weekend of it. With the annual pass you only need to go just over 3 times to get your money back - I have been 3 times in the last 10 days, only stay a morning and come home for lunch.

shortstuff
23-02-2015, 01:22 PM
The tigers and lions walked beside and round the front of the car - were so close that if we had had the windows open we would have been able to smell their breath!

Thanks hh lol. I think a visit is on the cards for the easter break. I look forward to it more than ds lol

k1rstie
23-02-2015, 01:26 PM
We went to Longleat on Saturday with our children. Enjoyable but cold. Groupon are currently doing a deal with the tickets. We stayed in a premier inn.

We live close to Legoland, great fun with season passes.

cathtee
23-02-2015, 01:44 PM
I had a unexpected no school run this morning and no little one either so a nice few hours off (before nursery pick up )to start the week, onlu one now happily playing and not wanting me to join in :( so just on here to check on Angels progress,

hectors house
23-02-2015, 02:50 PM
We went to Longleat on Saturday with our children. Enjoyable but cold. Groupon are currently doing a deal with the tickets. We stayed in a premier inn.

We live close to Legoland, great fun with season passes.

Which Premier Inn did you stay in - the one near Warminster or Frome Flyer (named after our Jenson Button)?

Glad you enjoyed Longleat, wish I was a more confident driver to do Legoland with the mindees.

Ripeberry
23-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Back to normal but with the added 'excitement' of heavy snow showers that look pretty but don't settle :thumbsup:

FloraDora
23-02-2015, 06:29 PM
https://www.rhs.org.uk/education-learning/gardening-children-schools/family-activities/Activities/activities/make-a-kite

Had a great day today. Made these and then ran in the field with them!

Simple but effective and kept LO's fit and interest for 2 hours! Lots of early science - especially since they didn't work in the living room on return! Each child chose their spot to hang it from in the garden which entertained us all through snack this afternoon as we looked out from dining room table...still in good condition to go home, all took them to cars making them fly in the wind on their way...I just hope this excitement continues tomorrow when they are not with me and not squashed in the car !

Great MONDAY!

funemnx
23-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Back to bedlam today - hubby off using his holidays up and he was :panic::eeeek: this morning before the school run... then sampling chinese food with lo this morning at group YUM! :)