PDA

View Full Version : First aid kits at pre reg?

mumofone
08-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Do you need your first aid kit in place at the pre registration visit? Thank you :-) (sorry I expect this has been asked a zillion times!)

moggy
08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
There is no clear answer as Ofsted do not list clearly what you are required to have at Pre-Reg stage.

Some inspectors will want to see it, some might be happy to know you have one on order, or that you'll get one soon. Some inspectors want to see you as if you were going to be minding the next day- everything in place, but I have also recently heard of an inspector being more flexible at Pre-reg...

If you are concerned then ASK when they phone, or give them a ring if you have a phone number already. There is no reason not to ask- the inspector will tell you what she/he wants to see and that is the only person who can tell you for certain!

Is there a reason that you haven't got one yet? Doesn't have to be a 'perfect' one, just a standard/basic one will do. You can add to it as you go on.

mumofone
08-02-2015, 10:12 PM
There is no clear answer as Ofsted do not list clearly what you are required to have at Pre-Reg stage. Some inspectors will want to see it, some might be happy to know you have one on order, or that you'll get one soon. Some inspectors want to see you as if you were going to be minding the next day- everything in place, but I have also recently heard of an inspector being more flexible at Pre-reg... If you are concerned then ASK when they phone, or give them a ring if you have a phone number already. There is no reason not to ask- the inspector will tell you what she/he wants to see and that is the only person who can tell you for certain! Is there a reason that you haven't got one yet? Doesn't have to be a 'perfect' one, just a standard/basic one will do. You can add to it as you go on.

Thanks moggy, it's on my list of 'things to do' but I just wondered how speedy I need to be on this. Thanks (as always) for the good advice :-)

lisbet
08-02-2015, 11:26 PM
I had my pre-reg in January 2013 and the inspector I had told me that they had changed how they inspected pre-reg and that they did now expect you to have everything ready "as if you had a child starting tomorrow". This was what one inspector said though - I'm not sure what another would have said? :rolleyes: You could prehaps email Ofsted and ask and then you would have a written response as evidence?

bunyip
09-02-2015, 10:25 AM
AFAIK not a requirement at pre-reg inspection. Personal opinion: I think it should be a requirement, as it shows whether a person "thinks safety" or just wants to do the minimum to scrape through a regulatory inspection. :(

But why on earth would anyone not want to have essential safety equipment (first aid kit, smoke alarms, CO monitors, fire blanket, evac plan, etc.) in the house already?

Personally, I like my family and me to be alive and safe, whether or not I'm planning on looking after anyone else's family. :thumbsup:

mumofone
09-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Ok thanks guys, I'm going to get mine in place ready. Thanks as always for your help and opinions :-)

gemma659353
09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I had my pre reg in jan and thy wanted to see my first aid kit and fire blanket! She didn't look in it just that I had one.

mumofone
09-02-2015, 01:05 PM
I had my pre reg in jan and thy wanted to see my first aid kit and fire blanket! She didn't look in it just that I had one.

Thanks gemma :-) :-) I'm gonna get one ASAP :-)