PDA

View Full Version : What certificates do I need?

CM59
08-02-2015, 03:25 PM
What certificates do I need for my inspection? I'm confused. Does a level 2 in a Food Safety Catering cover Food Hygiene?
Thanks for any information

natlou82
08-02-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure about the food safety cert. I'm pretty certain you don't have to have food hygiene as a requirement although it is good practice. You will need up to date Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding.

moggy
08-02-2015, 04:34 PM
What certificates do I need for my inspection? I'm confused. Does a level 2 in a Food Safety Catering cover Food Hygiene?

Yes, food safety/food hygiene is same thing. Not statutory for Ofsted at all. Your Local Authority Environmental Health may require you to have it, or may advise you to have it... but it is nice to have though so just put it with your certificates anyway.

Simona
13-02-2015, 09:39 AM

Before Ofsted can register you First Aid and Child Protection training must be undertaken....those are compulsory
They will still be valid at your 1st inspection...even now that it may happen within 30 months.

Food and hygiene ...as said below...is good practice not compulsory
You also need your registration certificate...you must have that by now.
Other certificates you want to evidence are any given at any training you have attended and your qualifications if applicable

Look at EYFS p21 for more information

Good luck

rickysmiths
13-02-2015, 11:02 AM
She has been registered since 1993!!

As such you will need an Up to date First Aid Certificate if it is a day out of date you may automatically given 'Requires Improvement'.

Up to date Child Protection Training and your Local Authority will dictate how often they expect you to do this it is usually every 3 years but some ask for it every 2 years. Our LA now does a free online course. Make sure if you are up to date that you have the correct numbers for reporting to.

I have a folder with the certificates of all the other training I do with when it was done and how I have used it in my practice. At the front is a list of what I am booked to do and what I want to do in the future.

I have a folder labelled 'Ofsted' which has my letters of suitability for my family, car insurance and mot if applicable, house insurance, records of Emergency Escape practices, records of visits from the Fire Brigade, Information on the latest recommendations for Blind Cords, Car Seats etc.

I have my Safer Food better business for childminders folder and I have put the new 14 Allergens Poster in the Allergens section of it so they can see I am aware of them.

I have my Registration Certificate, the Ofsted Parents Poster and my Employer's Liability Insurance on Display.

I would strongly advise you thoroughly read the EYFS Welfare Requirements and know them inside out. All the information you need is in there.

Simona
13-02-2015, 11:18 AM

As such you will need an Up to date First Aid Certificate if it is a day out of date you may automatically given 'Requires Improvement'.

Up to date Child Protection Training and your Local Authority will dictate how often they expect you to do this it is usually every 3 years but some ask for it every 2 years. Our LA now does a free online course. Make sure if you are up to date that you have the correct numbers for reporting to.

I have a folder with the certificates of all the other training I do with when it was done and how I have used it in my practice. At the front is a list of what I am booked to do and what I want to do in the future.

I have a folder labelled 'Ofsted' which has my letters of suitability for my family, car insurance and mot if applicable, house insurance, records of Emergency Escape practices, records of visits from the Fire Brigade, Information on the latest recommendations for Blind Cords, Car Seats etc.

I have my Safer Food better business for childminders folder and I have put the new 14 Allergens Poster in the Allergens section of it so they can see I am aware of them.

I have my Registration Certificate, the Ofsted Parents Poster and my Employer's Liability Insurance on Display.

I would strongly advise you thoroughly read the EYFS Welfare Requirements and know them inside out. All the information you need is in there.

I wasn't sure from the post RS!!!!...where did you get 1993 from? or how did I miss that more to the point? ooops!

CM59
13-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Yes I have been registered since 1993! Well done for noticing
:clapping: perhaps I should have worded my post better. It was the food hygiene/food safety I was confused over. Thanks to all for your help.

Simona
13-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes I have been registered since 1993! Well done for noticing
:clapping: perhaps I should have worded my post better. It was the food hygiene/food safety I was confused over. Thanks to all for your help.

I can see now where the registration date is displayed....I have to admit I never look on the top right hand side :rolleyes:
Glad we helped anyway :thumbsup:

CM59
13-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I can see now where the registration date is displayed....I have to admit I never look on the top right hand side :rolleyes:
Glad we helped anyway :thumbsup:

Thanks Simona, I never looked either! Lol