PDA

View Full Version : Well its the weekend

FussyElmo
07-02-2015, 08:49 AM
What are your plans? Anything interesting?

I have a birthday party to go to later.

Football tomorrow if its not frozen. Hoping to fit in some crafting/baking later :D

shortstuff
07-02-2015, 12:31 PM
We have homework, homework n oh yeah more homework here :-(

Ds was given a home learning project 5 weeks ago and we haven't had 2 seconds for the last 2 weekends. So we have that to do. Oh n that is to build a building you would like to see in your area.

So while im keeping him focused oh is doing the gardening.

Ripeberry
07-02-2015, 01:10 PM
DD1 did all her homework as soon as she got in from school yesterday. She likes to get it out the way before the weekend starts. Today we are dropping off DD2 to a cinema birthday party and then DD1 and I are going to see a different film at the same place.
Hubby has gone out for the day, but he's got the food shopping list. He's not getting away with having a quiet Saturday ;)
Tomorrow, we might go for a walk and a pub lunch. Not sure yet. And no, I'm NOT doing any paperwork!

NightOwl
07-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Phonics course.

FloraDora
07-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Up at the crack of dawn for a photograhy walk, no great photos today, much the same as I have taken before but understanding depth of field more now. Butchers and farm shop completed for our few friends round dinner - posh lamb hotpot. - just watched and supported DH make the Manchester tart, now made and looks delicious.

Long email read and replied to from DS currently work awaying in South America - he's been off radar for a month, so lots to catch up on - Skyping tomorrow when I get to see him - first since Boxing Day.....so looking forward to that.

Once dinner prep completed and I have won the current debate of white tablecloth and not bistro like, red check ( DH feels lamb hot pot is more red check - oh how wonderful my life is if that's what I mither over!!!) I am locking myself in my office to sew.....I found some 10 year old material with the hungry caterpillar illustrations in the loft this week and having made cushions, I am now hoping to make a cloth book for a friend, but it involves embroidery so 100% concentration, plus I have some catch up Archers to listen to!

Tomorrow - we are hitting Birmingham early, before people fill it, for some city scape photo project( I am hoping to focus on clocks so if anyone knows of any in the centre area please let me know) and retail therapy before the Skype call.
Tomorrow, late afternoon will be a catch up couch time with Death in Paradise, quiet, slightly amusing, old fashioned sleuth ....whilst DH whittles with wood.
That's the plan anyway .....I could just lie in bed all day !
No paperwork , thank goodness Ofsted has been and gone!

smurfette
07-02-2015, 02:35 PM
I got up and did a Zumba class this morning.,loved it! Am exhausted now but what a great way to start a weekend! Had a bite of lunch and helped littlest dd start her school project .. Bane of our life each year!! Off
Food shopping in a mo then chilling out !

Tomorrow we have a mass for littlest
Dds first
Communion. Match for middle dd. Party for littlest dd. Clothes shopping for middle
Dd who has outgrown all her trousers! Almost
Same leg length as eldest Dd so can't pass on!

Somewhere in all that I am hoping dh will put together the kallax unit I bought for their bedroom. And maybe start painting our room?!

mama2three
07-02-2015, 02:36 PM
FloraDora you make me smile! I can honestly say that if I ever asked my Dhs opinion on tablecloths he'd walk out!

Ive spent half the day updating Risk assessments and making sure my paperwork is on track - mindee broke his leg whilst with me at softplay on Thursday so need to make sure I covered myself incase Ofsted drop in!!

Add in the usual swimming lesons , football , washing , foodshopping , carhunting for DS as his finally gave up this week , sorting my MOT ...just the usual madness round here.

loocyloo
07-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I've spent the day at an early years music conference. Really good fun and loads of singing :-) :-D
Funniest bit was I discovered I was sitting next to dds ukelele teacher! ( knew the name but not the face as done during school hours! )

Found some lovely easter baskets and bags in home bargains too.

Now home and in a bit we're off to a brass band concert.
Tomorrow it's church football and .... who knows!

But no paperwork as managed to get it all done whilst LOs slept yesterday afternoon :-)

shortstuff
07-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Oops!!!!! Ive just been to ikea!!! £375 later :-(

FussyElmo
07-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Home from the party it was extremely loud. But dd enjoyed it so all is well in her world.

Watching rugby now decreed it's a now do nothing night ordered a takeaway. I have chocolates and crisps and dvd for later.

FLORADORA let me know if the Manchester tart tastes nice - never made one but I'm thinking I should do xx

FussyElmo
07-02-2015, 05:40 PM

What did you buy?

Daisy1956
07-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Love Manchester tart but I have never made it. Please please please share your recipe Floradora. Just had takeaway and enjoying a glass of wine after doing paperwork this afternoon .

shortstuff
07-02-2015, 08:16 PM
What did you buy?

Too bloomin much lol.

A new tv stand which has kallax boxes.

a new mattress with protector

And a new side table. Oh n then needed 2 cupboards and 3 lekman boxes for the TV stand lol.

FloraDora
08-02-2015, 12:51 AM
Love Manchester tart but I have never made it. Please please please share your recipe Floradora. Just had takeaway and enjoying a glass of wine after doing paperwork this afternoon .

BBC - Food - Recipes : Manchester tart (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/manchestertart_91315)
dH did this one, but third ingredients - I did notice bbc james Martin had one too.

This one was absolutely wonderful, we had a bit of a wibble over the ' serve immediately' as someone on this forum also said this but we put it together an hour before- adding coconut topping and a few raspberries just before serving.

How can I describe it? Very light, not too sweet - lovely !!! But you do have to like coconut.
All guests loved it, particularly the Manchester original tart!

It will definately be a regular pudding now we have discovered it.

SYLVIA
08-02-2015, 05:47 PM
First part of 1st aid course yesterday n first sleepover for my grandson who is now 7 weeks. He went to bed at 10 n woke up at 5. We both went back to sleep n got up at 7 but I'm shattered. So a lazy day today. Beef casserole for tea before an early night