PDA

View Full Version : Contract reviews?

Sammy Jo T
06-02-2015, 11:38 PM
I was just wondering if any of you (or if we have to) have a contract review period? I know contracts would have to be changed if say a parent wanted more hours every week etc, but I'm just thinking on the terms of if I had a shift worker and wanted to change the way we agreed hours or pay for example.

I have decided to have a fees policy and have written in it that fees may be subject to change but I just wondered if contracts have a time period or just keep rolling? (I'm planning to use the PACEY ones as I'm getting a starter pack but I'm not sure what is actually on them).

lisbet
07-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Subbing to hear what others do :)

I have PACEY contracts with my clients that they signed nearly 2yrs ago. So far when hours have changed I have just got them to sign an 'amendment to hours' form, stating new hours, start date and that they understand that 'all other clauses of the original contract remain in force'. I'm going to put fees up soon and wondering whether a similar amendment to fees form will be okay, or if I should really get them to fill out a new contract...

moggy
07-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Pacey contracts are on-going until terminated.
An annual review is advised and there is space on the contract for that- it is a good opportunity to sit with parents just to check all is well and that contract still suits both parties.
I make all hours changes on contract (cross out and write, all sign) until there is no more space!
Fees increases I do on another bit of paper, parents sign, copy for them and a copy for me which I staple to original contract.

Simona
07-02-2015, 09:42 AM
If nothing changes you can roll your current contract ...just get the parents to 're sign' the contract under the original signature
Your contract should have Review date clearly stated on it? that should be part of your Terms and Conditions so parents are aware it is a regular review of your agreement

If a contract is not reviewed for a long time...even years... that could mean the cm does not review her fees and keeps her business stagnant....Cms need to stay sustainable and fees need to go up regularly , even if it is 10P!

There are several reasons for reviewing contracts ...not just fees though.

Off the shelf contracts are ok .... but very limited...add your own Terms and Conditions...or reflect on devising your own...it is very simple, legal, plenty of info on how to go about it, easy to update as necessary and much more.

Good luck

PS: it would also cost very little to get a solicitor to check you have worded the contract properly...I think personally it is small investment to make...compared to the cost of buying contracts over the years!
reflect on that and think ahead of what is coming to the Cms market!

Sammy Jo T
07-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Thank you for your replies and advice everyone. I'm getting the starter pack for free so thought I might as well make use of the contracts until I find my feet and then I might make my own.

I do love this forum, so nice to know there's a support network when needed. :)

bunyip
07-02-2015, 12:59 PM
If nothing changes you can roll your current contract ...just get the parents to 're sign' the contract under the original signature
Your contract should have Review date clearly stated on it? that should be part of your Terms and Conditions so parents are aware it is a regular review of your agreement

If a contract is not reviewed for a long time...even years... that could mean the cm does not review her fees and keeps her business stagnant....Cms need to stay sustainable and fees need to go up regularly , even if it is 10P!

There are several reasons for reviewing contracts ...not just fees though.

Off the shelf contracts are ok .... but very limited...add your own Terms and Conditions...or reflect on devising your own...it is very simple, legal, plenty of info on how to go about it, easy to update as necessary and much more.

Good luck

PS: it would also cost very little to get a solicitor to check you have worded the contract properly...I think personally it is small investment to make...compared to the cost of buying contracts over the years!
reflect on that and think ahead of what is coming to the Cms market!

...or "his" :rolleyes:

Simona
08-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Thank you for your replies and advice everyone. I'm getting the starter pack for free so thought I might as well make use of the contracts until I find my feet and then I might make my own.

I do love this forum, so nice to know there's a support network when needed. :)

Good move...use the contracts given to you and see if you can get ideas on making your own
This will be a long process as it proved to be mine but....one huge benefit is that your own contract can be updated in just a few minutes and tweaked whenever there is anything new to add or adjust!

Good luck :thumbsup: