PDA

View Full Version : DBS query

kumquat
05-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi guys,

I sent a DBS off in November, and haven't heard back yet. I have been checking daily and nothing as of yet. It is on about day 67 now or so.

At 70 days, I am told you have to ring the DBS and contact the police yourself. Is this correct?

Also, I contacted my local police force, and they said that they didn't have it, so where could it have gone? I have only ever had 1 address, and whilst I did live abroad, they didn't ask for these addresses (just 'overseas' and dates on application).

So I am wondering why it's taking so long? Could it be that there's somebody with a similar name and DOB? I did have a name change via deed poll when I was younger too...

Just want to know your experiences post the 70 days, and how I go about getting the certificate!

thanks!

sarah707
05-02-2015, 08:19 PM
all you can really do is keep chasing ... and chasing ... and chasing ... they will get fed up of you and might hurry it up!!

Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long :D

Jayse74
05-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Did you post this or do it online?

My partner and I did CRB's. Now it has all changed and we have to get our Daughter sorted as she has recently turned 16 just after Christmas. This DBS Check was initiated and paid for on the 25th January, Stage1 completed on the 29th and it is now the 5th of Feb and it is sat on Stage2 according to the DBS Tracking website.

The big "O" are getting tetchy with us! Need to contact them about it asap first thing tomorrow.

Is there set amount of time with all this? Do we need to chase our local Police force?

:panic:

kumquat
06-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Rang them again today and told to wait until Monday and try again. Slightly irritating!

Jayse - they have targets for each stage. Stage 2 on both of my DBS were done after about 5 days, then stage 3 is normally done at the same time. It's stage 4 where the waiting is.

I am not sure they give specific timeframes for each stage, BUT stages 1-3 are done at the DBS office in Liverpool, so you can ring them and ask them to shuffle it along. That said, when I did it, they did just tell me that it's all within their allowed timeframes and that I should simply wait.

mumofone
07-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Rang them again today and told to wait until Monday and try again. Slightly irritating! Jayse - they have targets for each stage. Stage 2 on both of my DBS were done after about 5 days, then stage 3 is normally done at the same time. It's stage 4 where the waiting is. I am not sure they give specific timeframes for each stage, BUT stages 1-3 are done at the DBS office in Liverpool, so you can ring them and ask them to shuffle it along. That said, when I did it, they did just tell me that it's all within their allowed timeframes and that I should simply wait.

Who's your local police force? Google who their chief officer is and then email them explaining you are waiting on your check and how long it's taken so far etc etc. Keep it brief and factual. They should respond and escalate it for you. That's what I had to do with mine. Good luck :-)

kumquat
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Who's your local police force? Google who their chief officer is and then email them explaining you are waiting on your check and how long it's taken so far etc etc. Keep it brief and factual. They should respond and escalate it for you. That's what I had to do with mine. Good luck :-)

Hi Mumofone -

I did that and my local force said they haven't had it and that it has gone to a different force (they rang the DBS and asked and this is what the DBS said). So, I am not quite sure where it is... the DBS guy at my lpf said it's not unusual for this to happen