PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg booked!

Ellisha
26-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Had a call from Ofsted this morning and my pre-reg is booked for next Tuesday. Feeling stressed, hoping that all my hard work will pay off. I need to clean the house from top to bottom, print out my paperwork, and revise my EYFS and safeguarding. Wish me luck!

mumofone
26-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Had a call from Ofsted this morning and my pre-reg is booked for next Tuesday. Feeling stressed, hoping that all my hard work will pay off. I need to clean the house from top to bottom, print out my paperwork, and revise my EYFS and safeguarding. Wish me luck!

Yay! Good luck Elisha :-) Let us know how you get on :-) x

sab
26-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Ooh good luck, how long did you wait before getting a pre reg date?

Sammy Jo T
26-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Best of luck! :)

Ellisha
28-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I applied on 18th Nov I think, but had a delay of a month in the middle where they sent my health form back as doc had missed a question, so I think it would've been quicker otherwise.

I'm a bit nervous - haven't done an interview type thing for about 8 years!

mumofone
28-01-2015, 03:26 PM
I applied on 18th Nov I think, but had a delay of a month in the middle where they sent my health form back as doc had missed a question, so I think it would've been quicker otherwise. I'm a bit nervous - haven't done an interview type thing for about 8 years!

You'll be great im sure :-)

There seems to be so many hurdles in the process, I thought the dbs checks were my last hurdle but not I'm being told social services checks can take 16 weeks or something crazy. Then when you do get someone to finally gone out it seems they then write to OFSTED as to whether or not to register you delaying the process even further! Argh and breathe!!!
X

Ellisha
29-01-2015, 02:42 PM
I know, I've had a few hurdles - had to reapply for my DBS as hadn't registered for the update service in time and then the health form being sent back. The actual Ofsted bit so far has been the quickest bit!

mumofone
03-02-2015, 06:28 PM
I know, I've had a few hurdles - had to reapply for my DBS as hadn't registered for the update service in time and then the health form being sent back. The actual Ofsted bit so far has been the quickest bit!

How did it go Ellisha? Well, I hope :-)

Ellisha
04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
The woman called on Monday to reschedule for Tuesday next week. I wasn't too pleased, but guess it gives me even more time to prepare/worry!

Ellisha
10-02-2015, 12:27 PM
My inspector just left and is recommending me :)

She was a very nice woman and gave me lots of advice and suggestions about how to do things. She asked lots on the 7 areas of learning - asked me for each area what I would expect a child to be achieving and the sorts of activities I would use to achieve this. She asked about what I would do if I thought a child wasn't developing and how I thought I would do learning journals/daily diaries. Asked about the signs of abuse, etc. She definitely didn't ask me all the questions in the book, but most of them. And she was very big on self evaluation being a continual thing, not just to be done before inspection. I guess she didn't ask me all questions as she had already had a look through my policies and procedures.

Phew, I can relax now.

Sammy Jo T
10-02-2015, 12:40 PM
My inspector just left and is recommending me :)

She was a very nice woman and gave me lots of advice and suggestions about how to do things. She asked lots on the 7 areas of learning - asked me for each area what I would expect a child to be achieving and the sorts of activities I would use to achieve this. She asked about what I would do if I thought a child wasn't developing and how I thought I would do learning journals/daily diaries. Asked about the signs of abuse, etc. She definitely didn't ask me all the questions in the book, but most of them. And she was very big on self evaluation being a continual thing, not just to be done before inspection. I guess she didn't ask me all questions as she had already had a look through my policies and procedures.

Phew, I can relax now.

Wow congratulations and well done! You must be very pleased and relieved! I'm currently fretting about mine tomorrow! My friend is having my little girl this afternoon for a few hours so I can bury my head in some EYFS stuff!

mumofone
10-02-2015, 03:58 PM
My inspector just left and is recommending me :) She was a very nice woman and gave me lots of advice and suggestions about how to do things. She asked lots on the 7 areas of learning - asked me for each area what I would expect a child to be achieving and the sorts of activities I would use to achieve this. She asked about what I would do if I thought a child wasn't developing and how I thought I would do learning journals/daily diaries. Asked about the signs of abuse, etc. She definitely didn't ask me all the questions in the book, but most of them. And she was very big on self evaluation being a continual thing, not just to be done before inspection. I guess she didn't ask me all questions as she had already had a look through my policies and procedures. Phew, I can relax now.

Well done that's brilliant :-) X

mumofone
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
My inspector just left and is recommending me :) She was a very nice woman and gave me lots of advice and suggestions about how to do things. She asked lots on the 7 areas of learning - asked me for each area what I would expect a child to be achieving and the sorts of activities I would use to achieve this. She asked about what I would do if I thought a child wasn't developing and how I thought I would do learning journals/daily diaries. Asked about the signs of abuse, etc. She definitely didn't ask me all the questions in the book, but most of them. And she was very big on self evaluation being a continual thing, not just to be done before inspection. I guess she didn't ask me all questions as she had already had a look through my policies and procedures. Phew, I can relax now.

Hi Ellisha, did you know for each area what a child should be achieving or did you say that you would refer to the early years outcomes to guide you? I'm not sure id know off by heart exactly what they should be achieving unless I looked it up.

Ellisha
12-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi mumofone, not off by heart at all. I said roughly what the child should be doing at between 12-18 mths and 4 years, so for 1 year old in CL could be starting to say a few words and a 4 year old could be leaning to listen to others in preparation for school - so basically why you would choose a particular activity. Hope that makes sense?
It made it easier because my kids are 1 and 4 so I could link it back to them and the activities we already do.
She let me refer to my notes and prompted me, so you will be fine.

mumofone
13-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Hi mumofone, not off by heart at all. I said roughly what the child should be doing at between 12-18 mths and 4 years, so for 1 year old in CL could be starting to say a few words and a 4 year old could be leaning to listen to others in preparation for school - so basically why you would choose a particular activity. Hope that makes sense? It made it easier because my kids are 1 and 4 so I could link it back to them and the activities we already do. She let me refer to my notes and prompted me, so you will be fine.

Cool thanks Ellisha :-)

mumofone
23-02-2015, 12:12 PM
How much notice did you guys have about your pre reg visit? Do they specify a time they'll arrive? Just wondered how much information they give you?

lpatters
23-02-2015, 08:59 PM
How much notice did you guys have about your pre reg visit? Do they specify a time they'll arrive? Just wondered how much information they give you?
I've been given a week and a half's notice although she did ask me if I'd like longer.

mumofone
23-02-2015, 09:37 PM
I've been given a week and a half's notice although she did ask me if I'd like longer.

Thanks lPatters :-) did she tell you what time to expect her on the day?

lpatters
24-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Thanks lPatters :-) did she tell you what time to expect her on the day?
Yes and also said she'd be here for about 2-3 hours so worked it in with school run.

Ellisha
24-02-2015, 03:12 PM
I got about a week's notice, though I think it could have been more.

mumofone
25-02-2015, 03:18 PM
I got about a week's notice, though I think it could have been more.

Thanks Ellisha :-)

mumofone
25-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Yes and also said she'd be here for about 2-3 hours so worked it in with school run.

Thanks lPatters :-)