PDA

View Full Version : can i become a childminder

Joanne Wilson
22-01-2015, 01:08 PM
hi i hope you can help me, im working as a childminding assistant at the minute, but i have the nneb diploma and 17 years of childcare experience of working in day nurseries and i was wondering if i could register as a childminder to work along side the childminder i work with without having to do a new qualification.

tulip0803
22-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Everyone has to do a pre-reg childminding course before registering and some areas ask you to attend briefing sessions too it doesn't matter what qualifications or experience you have it is part of the regulations to be a childminder. You will also need to do paediatric first aid, safeguarding too.

amykayajayne
22-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Where I am (Calderdale) you need go do pre reg course, DBS, first aid, health declaration then have pre reg visit from ofsted and go from there :)

Simona
24-01-2015, 09:45 AM
hi i hope you can help me, im working as a childminding assistant at the minute, but i have the nneb diploma and 17 years of childcare experience of working in day nurseries and i was wondering if i could register as a childminder to work along side the childminder i work with without having to do a new qualification.

My understanding is you do need to go through the registration process to become a CM....the requirements are similar in every LA so you need a First Aid, safeguarding training and a pre reg course...all very easy especially if you are a NNEB and have such long experience!

being a cm in your own right changes the agreement you have as an assistant because you should be self employed then...but check that.... because it has implications ...unless you particularly want to be employed by her? there is plenty of advice you can get for free.

Check with your LA as well about registering
Good luck