PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Sunday lunch venue??

FloraDora
22-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Visiting youngest son in Manchester on Sunday - can anybody recommend a nice Sunday lunch venue? He lives in Old Trafford, DH likes non chain pubs??

shortstuff
22-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Sorry ive never visited Manchester so couldnt suggest anywhere. Hope you get an answer soon.

sarah707
22-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Old Trafford ... as in near the Trafford centre? They are mostly chains in the Centre itself ... and Old Trafford isn't known as a culinary centre to be honest with you.

I'd go to either Salford Quays which is nice nowadays or into Manchester there are some lovely places on Deansgate and it will be quiet on a Sunday.

Enjoy! :D

FloraDora
22-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Old Trafford ... as in near the Trafford centre? They are mostly chains in the Centre itself ... and Old Trafford isn't known as a culinary centre to be honest with you.

I'd go to either Salford Quays which is nice nowadays or into Manchester there are some lovely places on Deansgate and it will be quiet on a Sunday.

Enjoy! :D
Thanks for those suggestions.
No, old trafford like up the road from the football stadium.
We've done Salford keys to death and The city centre - good idea about Deansgate - haven't been there since studentgate!
DH was hoping for a nice non commercial pub - not going to get that in Deansgate though.

sarah707
23-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I asked dd - she says this one is trying to be a bit different - The Botanist Manchester (http://www.manchesterbars.com/botanistdeansgate.htm).

Or if everyone likes something different there's a red hot world buffet on 3 floors so you can usually get a table (but it's not a pub).

Or if you go the other way there's the Pelican on the left just before Altrincham - yes it's a chain but it does a very nice Sunday lunch...

xx