PDA

View Full Version : Stressed out, this start up process has dragged on and on, need help, please? !!

sab
20-01-2015, 06:00 PM
It's been 1 year since I went on my intro to childminding and I'm still not registered. I have had obstacles in my way every step of the way and need help what to do next as it's been so long since I started I have forgotten some stuff.

So far this is what I have done....

Childminding course
First aid
Food hygiene
Safe guarding
Dbs (me and hubby)
Pacey insurance
Policy and procedures
Baby child/proofed house
Business insurance* (for car)

I have Purchased......
Contracts* (pacey)
First Aid kit
Fire blanket
Toys

Things i know i still need to do or in the process of doing is.....

Eyc and Ey2 (very confusing and struggling to answer all the questions)

Medical (how do I go about sorting this?)

Contact environmental health (when do I need to do it?)

Contact tax man
Buy more resources

Can you think of anything else I need to do and have not listed?

Thanks x

sab
20-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Sorry just found the answer to "how to sort medical" on an old post.

moggy
20-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Contact environmental health (when do I need to do it?)
Ofsted do this for you now automatically, so you can cross it off your list!

Contact tax man
You can register as self-employed once you are about to start working, so once you have your certificate.

Buy more resources
Unless you are 100% certain what age range(s) you are minding (baby? toddlers? school age?) I wouldn't get much yet- concentrate on safety stuff like stair gates for pre-reg visit then wait to see who you your first mindee is going to be (baby? toddler? 4 year old?... all need very different stuff).

sab
21-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks Moggy, so do you think I have covered everything "paperwork " wise? Or anything else I need to do before I contact Ofsted about my pre reg.

swilcox90
21-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Once you contact ofsted it can be 12 weeks before they come out so you will have plenty of time to finish off all your paperwork, my registration visit is a week today which is exactly 12 weeks since I applied,

mumofone
21-01-2015, 06:43 PM
I've asked before but what level of food hygiene are you guys all doing - level 1 or level 2?

moggy
21-01-2015, 06:56 PM
I've asked before but what level of food hygiene are you guys all doing - level 1 or level 2?

I did a Level 2 and it really was pretty basic and not at all difficult. It is an important subject so I would not skimp on it.

Sammy Jo T
21-01-2015, 11:45 PM

I did level 2 online. It was free via one of the local childrens centres. :)

sab
22-01-2015, 06:14 AM
I did level 2, I used high speed training, an online course, only cost £20 (approx) and got my certificate the next day.