PDA

View Full Version : i have my pre registration visit next tuesday eek

bshovelton
20-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi all I've got my pre registration visit next Tuesday. Can anybody give me any tips advice please. I'm ready but nervous. It's how to be when the inspector comes as I am a nervous person. X

moggy
20-01-2015, 08:42 PM
It has just been discussed here. Relax, remember- they want to register you!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/ofsted-information-ofsted-inspections/134411-preparing-ofsted-registration-visit.html

bshovelton
21-01-2015, 09:04 PM
hi i will have a look. im just nervous im doing loads of reading up etc but just worried an nervous what if i say the wrong thing etc x

gemma659353
21-01-2015, 10:26 PM
I've got mine tomorrow - ekk

mumofone
21-01-2015, 10:54 PM
I've got mine tomorrow - ekk

Best of luck gemma :-)) hope it goes well X

sab
22-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Good luck! ! Not had mine yet so let me know how it goes x

FloraDora
22-01-2015, 06:43 AM
I found the best way to deal with nerves and ensure I remembered everything was to set up my home as if it was a childminding day with the activities I had suggested in my pre reg booklett.
I actually in my head thought of 2 children I know 18m and 4, decided what their next steps would be then set the activities I would do to support these. When I showed Mrs O around I could focus better, the question on activities was a breeze, I had the visual reminders in my set up. I am very practically minded and find if I 'do' I am better - definately kinaesthetic learner!

Safeguarding questions - I have years of not nice experiences around safeguarding which has built up my knowledge, but if you are worried you might forget, assign a small fictional story to each area - that way you will Remember the signs.

Do a pre run- Go around house and talk to yourself about risk assessments in place in each room, think about what your initial key development point will be and why, practise saying it aloud.

Good luck.

gemma659353
22-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Ahh nearly time!!! Everything is ready and out ready for the inspector

mumofone
22-01-2015, 09:32 AM

Good luck hun :-) :) :) :) :)

swilcox90
22-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Good luck hun :-) :) :) :) :)

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I have mine on Wednesday, getting nervous now eek!

Sammy Jo T
22-01-2015, 11:51 AM

Good luck! please let us know how it goes!:)

gemma659353
22-01-2015, 12:00 PM
I passed :-) no where near as bad as I was expecting

gemma659353
22-01-2015, 12:06 PM

mumofone
22-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Yay!!! Well done!! :-)
When you've recovered be good to hear the details of what Mrs o did.

gemma659353
22-01-2015, 12:17 PM
She checked my ID, went through all my training, checking cypop, first aid and safeguarding and documenting the expiry date. Asked questions about safeguarding (as per the pre reg book) asked what rooms I would be using. Looked at policy's, accident form, complaints form. How I would report a complaint or safeguarding issue. Looked at the garden and rooms in using. Discussed how I would manage bad behaviour. What would I do if a child was constantly sent with an unhealthy lunch. General questions as per the booklet about development and what check you would do. Talk through the risks in each room.

I did find myself repeating a few of my answers but she was more than happy.

swilcox90
22-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Yay!!! Well done!! :-)
When you've recovered be good to hear the details of what Mrs o did.

well done :)

mumofone
25-01-2015, 09:40 AM
She checked my ID, went through all my training, checking cypop, first aid and safeguarding and documenting the expiry date. Asked questions about safeguarding (as per the pre reg book) asked what rooms I would be using. Looked at policy's, accident form, complaints form. How I would report a complaint or safeguarding issue. Looked at the garden and rooms in using. Discussed how I would manage bad behaviour. What would I do if a child was constantly sent with an unhealthy lunch. General questions as per the booklet about development and what check you would do. Talk through the risks in each room. I did find myself repeating a few of my answers but she was more than happy.

Thanks gemma that's really helpful :-) :-)
What did you use for your accident and complaints form out of interest?
Do the safeguarding courses have an expiry? How long are they relevant for?
Do you have any mindees lined up? X

bshovelton
25-01-2015, 02:38 PM
two more days till pre reg visit can anyone tell me what are the most common questions please the inspesctor asks x:panic:

gemma659353
25-01-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm using babys days so it's all on there.

Safeguarding has a 3 year expiry date.

No I've had a few enquiring but nothing confirmed yet.

mumofone
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
two more days till pre reg visit can anyone tell me what are the most common questions please the inspesctor asks x:panic:

How did it go? :-)