PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 Childming Course - PACEY

zoed75
16-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Hi All
I am just starting out on my Level 3 Childminding Course online with Pacey. Is there anyone else on here doing this? I am finding the assignments really difficult to understand. Some of the wording is really ambiguous.

I have finished all Level 1 assignments and am now on Level 2.1 Designing a leaflet about balanced approach to risk management and safe supervision in the home/off site.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Zoe :)

Amanda70
17-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi, I've just started as well on that course. I'm on outcome 3. Now a balanced approach is where children need to take risks to learn but childminder needs to weigh up risks and potential consequences. Slides 5/24 & 10/24 will help. Principles of safe supervision - 3 types, close, constant, general. Do a short description of each e.g 2 examples when you would use each one e.g indoors and outdoors. Hope this helps.

loocyloo
19-01-2015, 05:14 PM
good luck.

I did my training a long time ago now, but yes, some of the questions were rather vague!

I would list WHY you need to risk assess

WHAT you would risk assess

HOW you would risk assess and what measures you would put in place to improve any risks.

remembering though, that children do need an element of risk in order to develop their own skills and knowledge about staying safe!

shortstuff
19-01-2015, 05:17 PM
As Loocyloo said i think i went into what the impact would be if you were risk averse or excessive.

Amanda70
19-01-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm currently doing the same course, I did send you a reply to help you but the moderator hasn't put it on here so hopefully it will appear soon.

Simona
19-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Hi All
I am just starting out on my Level 3 Childminding Course online with Pacey. Is there anyone else on here doing this? I am finding the assignments really difficult to understand. Some of the wording is really ambiguous.

I have finished all Level 1 assignments and am now on Level 2.1 Designing a leaflet about balanced approach to risk management and safe supervision in the home/off site.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Zoe :)

If you google Risk Management in EY settings there is a wealth of information
Hope this helps
Risk management in Early years - Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=Risk+management+in+Early+years&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ei=7IK9VPWrLdLLaOWEgLgM&ved=0CCEQgQMwAA)