PDA

View Full Version : Which of the free training courses do nyou recommend?

KateA
13-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi I thought would take advantage of my gold membership and do some of the free course which ones would you all recomend? Also are the course recognised outside of childminding e.g. if I went to work in a pre school ?

I am up to date on first aid, food hygiene, safe guarding etc and going on the henry course at end of month.

Simona
17-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Hi I thought would take advantage of my gold membership and do some of the free course which ones would you all recomend? Also are the course recognised outside of childminding e.g. if I went to work in a pre school ?

I am up to date on first aid, food hygiene, safe guarding etc and going on the henry course at end of month.

There is no difference in training for preschools, nurseries and CMs...although some cms training is targeted at us as our settings are led by one person and do not have a team...generally courses are for everyone as an integrated workforce

I have worked in nurseries and preschools and I can vouch my training is no different to theirs...LAs will have training for all

In terms of free training you can access whatever you feel will enhance your knowledge and expertise...I do not know what the Gold membership offers but I am sure they will be comparable to those offered by Pacey, PLA and elsewhere...they are usually from Educare which is a well known provider.

Good luck :thumbsup:

FloraDora
17-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Review your skills and knowledge then take on training that will fill your gaps or enhance your practice.

What is useful to one person , may not be to others.