PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Vouchers - age limit?

bunyip
11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Can someone answer this one for me, please?

What is the age limit on a child for their parents to be allowed to pay using childcare vouchers?

I've only ever had them for EY children (plus one parent who had a combined bill for 1 EY child and 1 at infant school.)

Can they be used for schoolies?

How far through school can they go and still pay by CVs?

I saw somewhere that the limit will be 12 years old once the new tax-free childcare scheme is phased in. Does that age limit apply to the current scheme too?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Mouse
11-01-2015, 05:27 PM
This is from the website of one of the companies I'm registered wit:

To be exempt from tax and NI for Childcare Vouchers:

Your child must be under 15 (until 1st September following their 15th birthday) or if your child is disabled, under 16 (until 1st September following their 16th birthday)

I can't quite figure out what it means!

Merlot
12-01-2015, 01:21 AM
I will have to check. I know when I was working full time (I do now but I mean leaving the house to go to work!) I could apply for childcare vouchers with my job providing I was paying for childcare. Unless you have a disabled/special needs child, I can't imagine anyone else wanting child care once the child reaches teens. I did have an enquiry (via a friend) of a local woman wanting childcare in the morning for her 14 year old boy. This was a normal teen with no additional needs and I found it strange that he was incapable of getting his own breakfast and walking to the bus stop! I didn't particularly want a 14 year old boy for an hour every morning so politely declined!

Kiddleywinks
12-01-2015, 06:53 AM
This was a normal teen with no additional needs and I found it strange that he was incapable of getting his own breakfast and walking to the bus stop! I didn't particularly want a 14 year old boy for an hour every morning so politely declined!

:blush: I have a 14yr old - this woman is not on her own :blush:

:laughing:

loocyloo
12-01-2015, 07:40 AM
I have a 13 yr old who comes for 1/2 hr two mornings a week. Admittedly he comes with baby sibling but mum says if left at home would forget to shut/lock front door and that would be if he remembered to get his bus to school and didn't miss it!

alex__17
21-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Maybe they wanted them carwd for so they knew they'd be on the bus to school rather than be tempted to go back to bed!

Simona
06-02-2015, 03:17 PM
This is the info from Gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/367098/employee-qa2.pdf