PDA

View Full Version : IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY!

Rick
25-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

Have you opened your presents yet?

Have you put your turkey in?

Have you had a drink yet?!

Are you entertaining others, being entertained or having a quiet one at home?

Have a great day!

shortstuff
25-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Merry Christmas Rick.

Pressies are done till MIL arrives n then it starts again lol.

Hot drink n breakfast done.

Turkey going in shortly but the beef was done last night.

Just MIL here otherwise a chilled day of movies and reading and board games yay.

Hope yours is going to plan x

loocyloo
25-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Happy Christmas everyone.

No one woke up much before 9am and we are still sitting in bed building nanoblock models ( teeny tiny lego! ) :-D drinking tea.

Having breakfast and fizz in a bit and then presents. Staying with BIL&SIL. MIL arriving early afternoon ... More presents and then eating mid afternoon!

Hope everyone have a joyous and peaceful day xxx

( the secret to our late morning? ... midnight mass and children not going to bed till almost 1;-):-D )

SYLVIA
25-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.
Pressies opened
Bacon roll for brekkie
Chocolate biscuits for after with a baileys coffee
Everything prepared and turkey going in soon
DD1 and her husband and new baby coming midday
Dinner at 3 if I can stop cuddling the bubba
Then chill later

Have a great day everyone

sarah707
25-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Happy Christmas to everyone! :clapping::jump for joy::clapping:

I hope Santa brought you exciting pressies :D

Pixie dust
25-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Merry Christmas everyone, I am currently home alone as dh works away(unfortunately one of the many people who has to work) but should be home at the weekend. so I am off to my mum's for lunch in a little while.

FussyElmo
25-12-2014, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE="Rick;1386948"]Merry Christmas everyone!

Have you opened your presents yet?

Have you put your turkey in?

Have you had a drink yet?!

Are you entertaining others, being entertained or having a quiet one at home?

Have a great day![/QUOTE

Merry Christmas

All presents opened. Turkey in the oven.

Ds playing football in the hall dd playing her electric guitar. So very peaceful lol

Merry Christmas everyone z

clareelizabeth1
25-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Merry Christmas

Hope you have all had a lovely day.

Mine was great but so tired I'm glad it's winding down now. Unfortunately my so had two naps so will be a live wire till 10 I'm sure.

bunyip
25-12-2014, 09:32 PM
A completely mixed-up Christmas Day for me:-

After nearly 20 years of failing to persuade Mrs B to go out for Christmas dinner (saves enormous time and hassle, it's what I used to do almost every year between leaving home and getting married) I succeeded this year. The meal was not that great tbh, and they got all the drinks orders wrong, but somehow everyone loved it. The only problem is it didn't save a lot of shopping, etc. cos my grand-daughter has her birthday tomorrow, and she decided a couple of days ago that what she really wants is a roast dinner at ours - so all that shopping had to be done anyway and tomorrow morning we start peeling veg. :doh:

Had the sad task of visiting 2 neighbours whose husbands have both died in the last 2 weeks. Both have relatives visiting in the afternoon, but still very lonely. :(

Had one of the nicest (and most bizarre) selections of presents this year. Highlights include a luxury chocolate pizza; a cow bell (both from clients/mindees); and a stress-cow. Bit of a cow thing going on: strange, as I have very mixed feelings towards cows. I kinda like them, but also fear they're secretly planning an attack. :p

Some lovely messages from clients about how they've appreciated the care we've given this year.

Spent a long and fruitless time trying to contact by brother in Germany. He's changed all his phone numbers and emails (apart from work, and he's not there today) without passing them on. Was trying to contact him cos my mum left a garbled message that his wife is in an induced coma in hospital, but no details on which hospital or how to contact him (though it's not like I could make myself understood to a German hospital switchboard in any case.) Mum clearly confused as she's phoned twice with the same message, but seemed more concerned that she's not sent me a present. Oh dear. :(

Mrs B was delighted with her gifts. Always like that.

Grandson (7yo) chose presents for everyone this year - really sweet. He got a Frozen necklace for his 4yo sister - quite a sacrifice, as he hates it with a passion, much as I do. She was delighted, then devastated when she broke it, then delighted all over again when I got out the jewellery tools and fixed it. Phew!

Grandchildren went home after lunch, then 2 decided they wanted to come back for the evening/overnight. DD had 'bottle-fatigue' (not expecting to have to drive again) so I walked over to collect them and we had a lovely stroll back in the dark, looking at everyone's Christmas lights. :)

Spent the evening playing with their new toys, etc. The biggest hit was making pom-poms with old ends of wool and the cheap pom-pom makers (yes, I saw Kirstie's Christmas special :D ) I bought for Mrs B (complete with instructions in Czech) to act as soft, safe projectiles for the wooden trebuchet/catapult toy we got free from local scrapstore and gave to 7yo grandson. All the money spent on toys and gift vouchers, and the best thing ends up costing next to nothing. :thumbsup: