PDA

View Full Version : Those strange things that you do at Christmas

FussyElmo
23-12-2014, 07:31 PM
So here I am again this year making the trifle the way dh likes it.

The sponge has to be crumbed into tiny little breadcrumbs.
You have to put blanmanche on top of the jelly before the custard.

And whats the betting he wont even eat it like the last 2 years and yet here I am again doing it this way :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now to make some mince pies which I think are disgusting :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rick
23-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Well I like trifle so if he doesn't like it send it my way :D

FussyElmo
23-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Well I like trifle so if he doesn't like it send it my way :D

He likes trifle just eats too much of everything else :laughing::laughing:

k1rstie
23-12-2014, 09:34 PM
My step fathers trifle has to be made with pineapple jelly. I don't like it, too much cream and custard.

clareelizabeth1
23-12-2014, 09:56 PM
My things are stockings go at the end of the bed. When I moved families they put it over the fire place just felt so wrong.

Always watch the snowman with the family I hate the snowman.

Also always have turkey I can't stand Turkey but everyone else does so I just go with it.

natlou82
23-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Not so strange but champers for breakfast - best way to start the festivities ;-)

natlou82
23-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Ha ha actually it is strange I want to make it clear I normally start the day with a cup of tea lol!

Kiddleywinks
24-12-2014, 06:26 AM
:laughing::laughing:

Hahahahaha, Natlou, that made me laugh out loud. The fact that you felt compelled to explain you normally drink tea :laughing:
(This isn't the facebook page - you'll not get shot down or accused of being an alcofrolic for having a drink on Christmas morning :D:thumbsup:)

sing-low
24-12-2014, 07:43 PM
As usual, I spent Christmas Eve doing errands not remotely related to Christmas (buying hoover bags, shampoo and a microwave... well it wouldn't be Christmas without them, would it?!?!?)

Daisy1956
24-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Just finished writing a letter from Santa to Grandson thanking him for the mince pies and the carrots for Rudolf and will post it on the way back from midnight service. i have to do it now then i know what he has left out (tantastics and a smoothie for santa this year). Grandson loves getting his letter and we love seeing his face when he shows it to us.

FloraDora
24-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Cup of tea in bed with a biscuit from Victoria biscuit tin - DH parents did this and then we carried on when Christmas moved to our house. Has to be a Victoria tin though! Handy for storage after! Then downstairs to see if Santa has been !

SYLVIA
26-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I like to sneak a few minutes quietly sitting by myself, next to the christmas tree, all lit up, on xmas eve to remember all the people not with me anymore and all the events that have happened to us since last christmas. Just seems to be a perfect end to the pre xmas rush and prepare for the celebrations to come