PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks

rachel1
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Hello everyone.

Before I start I thought I let you know that I start my first steps to become a childminder on 26th Jan - I’m doing the child protection course first! Wooo!

But was just wondering about the CRB checks, everyone says that this takes a long time to come back, would it be an idea to ask for a form now (who would I ask??) or wait until I have done all the necessary courses??

Hope everyone is ok and had a good Christmas and new year!

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers
:) :) :)

sutherland
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Rachel, the crb forms are sent out from ofsted. To get to this stage you need to attend your local early years team pre reg course where they will hand out an ofsted app pack at the end, so its best to get in contact with them so you can get yourself booked onto one, they will then explain everything and the process. When ofsted come to do your pre inspection they then collect the completed forms from you and complete the ID part.

HTH. Michelle

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Rachel

It is different in different places around the country. where I come from (mars I think lol) in Cambridgeshire we had to finish our ICP course and first aid course before they would give us our application packs. So i have had to wait from September till December to get all the courses done before our tutor gave us the packs. In my area this is the way they do it and they won't let us do it any other way.

XX

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Rachael

I live in Lincolnshire and I got mine to fill in at the pre registration inspection by OFSTED everywhere seems different though maybe worth phoning and finding out xxx good luck xxx

LittleAcorns
12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Rachel, It can take as little as 2 weeks (rare but possible) and they aim to do 90% in 8 weeks, after that you can call them and the will do a "push through" getting in contact with the Police and basically asking them what the delay is, when they did that for me, I got my CRB back x

rachel1
14-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Thank you all for advise.

Iv called my ICP course tutor she said she will be handing out packs at the end of that course.

Thank u all again
:) :) :) :) :) :)

katickles
14-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi - Just to let you know, some people have to wait a while before the CRB checks come back. Mine only took 3 weeks whereas my friends took 15! Mine were sent Dec so it wasn't as busy. Think if they go in round September they take longer because of all the extra CRB's that get done, with all the schools going back etc.

bubbly
14-01-2008, 08:52 PM
My CRB check took several months

Raggydolls
15-01-2008, 05:07 PM
my crb took 9 weeks, just got it today, woohoo

leanne
xx