PDA

View Full Version : parent gone for a baby sitter

gailee
31-07-2008, 03:05 PM
HI I had a parent phone me Monday asking for chilmnder for september i said come round Thursday she said "ok" , i texted her today asking if still coming reply was sorry i've found a baby sitter a (neighbour) for her child for 9.5 hours aday!!! Can this be done??? :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Nope, illegal minding if over 2 hours per day in "carers" home and for reward be that money or flowers, or food, or a gift voucher or a swap of care.

sarah707
31-07-2008, 05:20 PM
If a parent is willing to use unregistered, uninsured care for their child, then you're well out of it.

breezy
31-07-2008, 05:23 PM
If a parent is willing to use unregistered, uninsured care for their child, then you're well out of it.

Well said!

jo f
31-07-2008, 05:26 PM
If she did it in the womans home like a nanny that would be ok, but apart from that no. Some people!

Jules27
01-08-2008, 07:08 PM
your better off with out that one!!! Any oneprepared to leave their kids with an unregistered, uninsured minder is just plain crackers. I have one of these down the road from me.. she can't be bothered with Ofsted and all that entales..... am starting to think I should be reporting her really but don't want to get into a row over it!!!!!

ChocolateChip
07-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I had a friend who answered an ad for a 'babysitter' in all good faith, ended up having the child left, right and centre, and then got caught up in an abuse case (not her!!). Social weren't worried about her as they asked her to keep the child overnight but they did haul her over the coals for it, and really dug deep to make sure she hadn't advertised herself as a minder, which luckily the mum backed her up on. The social worker ended up joking with her and said if you were a childminder you would be earning 5 times that amount!
So I would say they can't do that. :panic:

EllieF
08-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Isn't it amazing how parents value the care of their children so low.
My kids are my world, and i would only be happy with the best care for them - hence why I became a childminder and over the years i have grown to know other childminders that i would trust, but some parents spend more time choosing a pair of shoes than they do childcare!
Ellie

Mrs.L.C
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Isn't it amazing how parents value the care of their children so low.
My kids are my world, and i would only be happy with the best care for them - hence why I became a childminder and over the years i have grown to know other childminders that i would trust, but some parents spend more time choosing a pair of shoes than they do childcare!
Ellie

Totaly agree. If its saves them money so they can spend it else where, they will go for anything