PDA

View Full Version : Referees when applying to ofsted- Employers???

lpatters
02-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi

I am in the middle of doing my online application form to ofsted. It asks for my employers details and says one of the references should preferably be from my employer. Has anyone sent in references that were not from their employer? I am not planning on telling anyone at work yet as I do not want to hand my notice in until I am registered. They will get really funny if they find out. Also, is it just 2 references that are needed?

moggy
03-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi

I am in the middle of doing my online application form to ofsted. It asks for my employers details and says one of the references should preferably be from my employer. Has anyone sent in references that were not from their employer? I am not planning on telling anyone at work yet as I do not want to hand my notice in until I am registered. They will get really funny if they find out. Also, is it just 2 references that are needed?

I have written a reference for a friend's CM application, does not have to be an employer- many applicants do not have an employer! Think of a responsible sounding long-standing friend or professional contact, may be someone who is in childcare who can write a letter about your suitability.

shortstuff
04-12-2014, 05:34 AM
I have written a reference for a friend's CM application, does not have to be an employer- many applicants do not have an employer! Think of a responsible sounding long-standing friend or professional contact, may be someone who is in childcare who can write a letter about your suitability.

I didn't use an employer. I used a very good friend. She just happens to be a company director. I think my 2nd was similar too.

Hth