PDA

View Full Version : EY sector voices concerns over paid for inspections

Simona
01-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Sector voices concerns over paid-for inspections | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1148420/sector-voices-concerns-paid-inspections?utm_content=&utm_campaign=01.12.14%20NW%20Update&utm_source=Nursery%20World&utm_medium=adestra_email&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nurseryworld.co.uk%2Fnur sery-world%2Fnews%2F1148420%2Fsector-voices-concerns-paid-inspections)

VeggieSausage
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
£1300!!! good grief

miffy
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks Simona - interesting reading but £1300? Where do they get their figures from?!!!!!

Miffy xx

Simona
04-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks Simona - interesting reading but £1300? Where do they get their figures from?!!!!!

Miffy xx

I would like to know that too!!!
I bet OBC will be quite lively next time we meet...pondering on the question to put to the Ofsted panel about this?

As PLA CEO says in the article Ofsted hinted at £700 in the past...and others were very close to that figure including past ministers

how that sum almost doubled in a short period of time is quite extraordinary....maybe inflation and cost of living is a different area altogether when it comes to the inspectorate bubble!

Wish they would return to their remit of 'inspecting standards in education' rather than meddling with policies when they
appear unable to do simple sums!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I thought that the £700 was for an inspection, this article is for a reinspection so if you don't like your grade you would pay for them to come out early.

Simona
04-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I thought that the £700 was for an inspection, this article is for a reinspection so if you don't like your grade you would pay for them to come out early.

The article refers to inspections that are overdue as well as for those requested by providers who have been recently downgraded and now ready to be re-inspected

It is a bit confusing but if you have any concerns refer them to your OBC representative in your area who will put the concerns on the agenda