PDA

View Full Version : SO ARE WE ALL HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND?

FussyElmo
30-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Im off to church in a minute and then off too football for ds2. Ds1 will be at cadets till 4pm.

Hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing Sunday :thumbsup:

loocyloo
30-11-2014, 08:36 AM
:-) dd, ds & dh are off to band in a bit, then dh will drop dd at church with me.
Hurrah! No football today!
This evening we have our christingle service as it's Advent Sunday.
And during the day I need to prepare advent calendars for mindees-we have a chocolate/sweet one and am activity one.
Oh and most importantly ... we'll be putting our tree up!

Maza
30-11-2014, 08:59 AM
It was DDs 6th birthday yesterday and so we went to West Midlands Safari Park. It's fantastic there and it was so quiet. We stayed in a hotel on the Friday night but drove back to London yesterday so it was a lot of driving. Today we are chilling out, no plans at all, yippee! I've just got to buy a few bits as she's having a little birthday tea party with mindees on Tue and I have to write Thank you notes today. I just love having a day at home with no visitors expected!

Oh yes, got to get things ready for December 1st too! Not putting tree up yet but will put festive towels in the bathroom, get the Christmas/Winter story books out and set up activity calander.

funemnx
30-11-2014, 09:22 AM
I had a girls night out on Friday night - a Robbie Tribute, such good fun, a little wine, good pals, some dancing and a sleep over meaning a 3 a.m. bedtime meant nothing done yesterday!:blush:

This morning we're having bacon butties and off to Milton Keynes to Christmas shop - I know it'll be impossible to park and heaving with people.... :panic:

lozzy23
30-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Went to see Morrissey at O2 last night, brilliant.

Today getting the Christmas bits out of the loft, sorting Christmas activities for LO's - went a bit OTT at Crafty Crocs and Yellow Moon!!:D

funemnx - good luck at MK, we are doing our Christmas shopping there on Wednesday my newly acquired day off.

SYLVIA
30-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm not a well bunny today and annoyed too. For the past three weekends I've been lucky to have a free monday to tack on to the weekend and planned to blitz the house, put the garden to bed for the winter, finish the xmas shopping and get back to my exercise routine. The first weekend my daughter needed support due to back/neck problems and tests, last weekend my other nearly ready to give birth daughter wanted me to help her and all last week my partner's been home with a cold and bad back. So fast forward to yesterday when I work up feeling like death warmed up with a cough and cold whilst everyone else is fit and well and full of beans. We have got all the decorations up today though which is cheering me up as I sip my ginger wine and eat my mince pie. Moan over!!!

sarah707
30-11-2014, 04:07 PM
My printer broke :crying: I have a cough and cold that won't go away :crying:

Apart from that all is well here thank you for asking! :laughing:

Rick
30-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Just me and DS2. We went to soft play at the gym where they get a chance to try out some of the equipment.

Daisy De
30-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Been doing my Level 3 all day, driving me slowly insane. The end IS insight though so plodding on :-)

bunyip
30-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Saturday: spent a lot of time catching up on the pc having just got my broadband up and running after a week of intermittent internet. Had a good walk after that, looking for hedgerow cuttings for indoors (I won't buy imported cut flowers.) Didn't get much: everything seems rather tatty/scruffy at the moment - no idea why.

Sunday: Pottered on the allotment. Pruned my raspberry canes, asparagus, etc. Put up some new fruit supports. Cleared the runner and sweet peas. Watched a film.

clareelizabeth1
30-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Had a really lovely weekend went to anglesea Abby and did there light walk and then today I have been to see Santa on a train which although a 2 DS could not care about Santa he really did love the train.

FloraDora
30-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Brother in law and wife came for dinner on Fri night -good night so late night/ early morning

Friends pre Christmas gathering on Sat night, spent most of Sat, bar a canal walk, preparing-good night - DH made a bakewell tart out of Peyton and Byrne book - wonderful - so another late night / early morning.

More productive day today. This morning, friends popped in for coffee and first mince pies of the Christmas season soon to start, soaked fruit for cake and puddings - very late this year had a hiccup in Oct.
DH resting most of day following sampling of a new ale last night and not a lot of sleep. Photography walk, dreary scenes only so deleted everything.
Acquired the last of some orange berries on walk to add to garden foliage - like Bunyip I don't buy imported flowers but like nature in a vase. Spied a good source of holly for Christmas wreaths though. Planted up some heathers in a new tub.
Skyped oldest son who is now in Equadore - technology is a wonderful thing! Researched all the places in Equador and Peru that he mentioned in the conversation and added latest info to journal I am keeping of his year away. Managed not to cry as I wrote today - I am getting better at missing him!
Tried to Text/email/phone /face time youngest son - but not able to communicate , he is in Manchester! Better connections in South America it seems.
Made some nativity dressing up clothes from an old linen skirt and a tablecloth in preparation for advent activities this week.
Now sat with a sherry, about to write Christmas cards and wondering about what I should put in a RA for our trip to the NT reindeer park.
Enjoy the last of the weekend everyone.

shortstuff
30-11-2014, 06:46 PM
We spent sat morning completing ds homework as it was his birthday party last night. 2 hours with 24 7/8 yr olds screaming around soft play! It was great fun as they spent the whole time chasing oh around beating him up lol.

Today mil took us to tgi's for his birthday lunch so no cooking. Bliss!

Oh n we gave ds his main present today which i think is more for oh being a pertol engined radio controlled car! So they took over the dining room all day investigating it.

FussyElmo
30-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Well church football and cadets all went well.

Ds2 scored and Ds1 passed his shooting training. A big achievement considering his dyspraxia and he passed first time :clapping::clapping::clapping: He wont let me put it on fb :rolleyes:

We even found time to get the nativity stable down for today.

Now waiting for a friend to come and pick me up for the music quiz at a country pub with a roaring fire :D

Samijanec
30-11-2014, 08:10 PM
We've just had a lovely weekend putting up the decs and watching naff xmas movies.

Ripeberry
30-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Spent Saturday doing a bit of shopping in the morning and then two hours of 'Breaking Bad' :thumbsup:

Today, spent it out in the garden, helped my daughters with cleaning out the guinea pigs, then dug up the old sweetcorn stalks and dug over one of the veg beds, covered it ready for Spring. :)