PDA

View Full Version : Registering for overnighters

hazeyd
29-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Hi I look after one child age 9 Saturdays and after school . I have been asked if I could look After her overnight on the occasional Saturday . Do I inform Ofsted by telephone or do I need to request permission to do this first .
Thank you

watford wizz
29-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Iv always done overnight care, as far as I'm aware you don't have to "ask permission" but you do have to inform Ofsted of the change and also have a thorough risk assessment in place. Also don't forget to inform your insurance company/check your covered.

Simona
29-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi I look after one child age 9 Saturdays and after school . I have been asked if I could look After her overnight on the occasional Saturday . Do I inform Ofsted by telephone or do I need to request permission to do this first .
Thank you

The overnight care has been removed from our registration certificates...it is up to you to Risk Assess
Ring Ofsted and inform them that you intend to offer OC occasionally...they will record it in your file and will give you some suggestions.

Note down what they say and record the name of the person on the Helpline...we do have a slight problem with Ofsted at the moment as those who answer our queries often given contradictory advice and sometimes not good ones either

Good luck!!

hazeyd
29-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Thank you for your advice I will give Ofsted a ring and then have a think about charges ..