PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS FILMS

angeldelight
28-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Well some channels have them on from now until the big day

So what do you like the best ?

Do you watch a Christmas film with your family ?

They don't seem to make any good new films do they ?

Angel xxx

FussyElmo
29-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Well some channels have them on from now until the big day

So what do you like the best ?

Do you watch a Christmas film with your family ?

They don't seem to make any good new films do they ?

Angel xxx

We watched the rise of the guardians last night

But in fairness I haven't seen many Christmas films other than gremlins and die hard lol

natlou82
29-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Today after the tree decorating we will watch Polar Express with some hot chocolate, it's our family tradition :-). I love all Christmas Movies! Arthur Christmas is only a couple of years old and that's a good movie.

Mouse
29-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Today after the tree decorating we will watch Polar Express with some hot chocolate, it's our family tradition :-). I love all Christmas Movies! Arthur Christmas is only a couple of years old and that's a good movie.

I've never watched Polar Express, but when I was looking through our DVDs this week I realised it was there. I didn't even know we had it!

Our family favourite is the Muppet Christmas Carol. I don't actually think my children like it as much as I do, but they all humour me by watching it with me at least once in the run up to Christmas!

FussyElmo
29-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I've never watched Polar Express, but when I was looking through our DVDs this week I realised it was there. I didn't even know we had it!

Our family favourite is the Muppet Christmas Carol. I don't actually think my children like it as much as I do, but they all humour me by watching it with me at least once in the run up to Christmas!

I love the Muppets Christmas Carol but only have it on vhs (and I had it brought for me when it first come out).

natlou82
29-11-2014, 10:20 AM
We love the Polar Express so give yours a watch Mouse :-) Ive never seen Muppet Christmas Carol so I think I'll give that a try this year x

ajc
29-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Its Muppets Christmas Carol here too, I lost my copy and lovely son bought me a new one. Love it

bunyip
29-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Muppets Christmas Carol gets my vote. I visited the Charles Dickens House museum in Bloomsbury one Christmas Day (yes, it's open and done up in Victorian Christmas style) one year. They were showing the Muppet version in one of the rooms and one of the Dickens experts said it was the one film she felt was most faithful to the original story and ethos of the book.

Not sure if Love Actually is a proper Christmas film (maybe cos I can watch it all year round) - but it does bring on a tear at various points, especially the climax of the Jamie/Aurelia story in the restaurant which always has me blubbing.......................................... ...
.......................but just don't tell anybody, alright? :p

FussyElmo
29-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Muppets Christmas Carol gets my vote. I visited the Charles Dickens House museum in Bloomsbury one Christmas Day (yes, it's open and done up in Victorian Christmas style) one year. They were showing the Muppet version in one of the rooms and one of the Dickens experts said it was the one film she felt was most faithful to the original story and ethos of the book.

Not sure if Love Actually is a proper Christmas film (maybe cos I can watch it all year round) - but it does bring on a tear at various points, especially the climax of the Jamie/Aurelia story in the restaurant which always has me blubbing.......................................... ...
.......................but just don't tell anybody, alright? :p

Its ok my darling Bunyip we all know you are a softie who fully embraces the Christmas season :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Though I must admit I have NEVER seen Love Actually all the way through

angeldelight
29-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Watching jingle all the way

Love that and home alone

Angel xx

angeldelight
29-11-2014, 06:07 PM
I really can't stand the muppets in any form

Xxx

natlou82
29-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I adore Love Actually :-)

Maza
29-11-2014, 08:02 PM
I love 'Love Actually' too. I think the reference to September 11th and love (can't remember it word for word) at the very beginning (or is it the very end - the airport scenes) was very poignant.

Jack Frost is a cute movie too. Am I the only person who doesn't love Polar Express?

loocyloo
29-11-2014, 08:31 PM
♥♥I love muppets Christmas Carol ♥♥ ( I think everyone humours me too by watching it!)
And the Grinch ;-)

And how could I forget 'Nightmare before Christmas'?! I love this film soooo much! I have Jack Skellington stuff everywhere! :-)

I've watched polar express, but don't like it much.

FloraDora
29-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Santa the movie was always a favourite when my lads were young. We settled down to a nostalgia viewing last year......and nobody liked to say how dated it seemed! It sort of spoilt the reminiscing and christmas tradition!

natlou82
30-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Santa Clause the movie was my fave as a child. We also have a copy on DVD buy you're so right Flora it does seem dated :-(

Maza
30-11-2014, 03:01 PM
I must admit I have watched a couple of really naff Christmas movies on the Christmas channel. No idea what they were called - one had David Hasslehoff in it. I just love them, although hubby does roll his eyes at me! I would have that channel on all day if I could.

SYLVIA
30-11-2014, 03:32 PM
I have to admit to watching all the obscure xmas films on the xmas channel. :blush: and have been watching them for weeks now.(A grandpa for christmas is nice.) I love miracle on 34th street too (not the really, really old one though) Santa claus the movie films are good too. Polar express is good too. I used to love watching the cartoon of frosty the snowman which is never on now but I always say "now it's christmas" as soon as I here the song on the radio

funemnx
30-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Love Actually, It's a wonderful life, Alistair Sim in A Christmas Carol and Holiday Inn for me :thumbsup:

101 Dalmatians (the original) isn't strictly a Christmas film but love it at this time of year anyway :)

Samijanec
30-11-2014, 08:11 PM
The fav in our house has to be Elf, love it! Love any Christmas movie to be honest 😄

hectors house
01-12-2014, 07:53 AM
My favourite films to make me laugh are Elf and The Nativity but favourites to watch with mindees are Muppets Xmas carol (I don't normally like Muppets but love this film but only have it on video and the player has finally given up) and Polar Express.

I also love watching Miracle of 34th street - the original version (black & white) - gets me in the Christmas mood.

smurfette
01-12-2014, 12:06 PM
The new nativity movie ;number 3 dude where's my donkey is good saw it at weekend

For grown ups I love love actually and the holiday with Cameron Diaz

We love the Santa Claus movies (all 3) here but I have bought the Santa Claus the movie for our Christmas Eve box so will see how my girls like it !