PDA

View Full Version : ofsted are coming ofsted are coming....

devoncm
31-07-2008, 09:48 AM
...ofsted are coming omg omg omg omg,

what do i do now i have no idea? the lady turned up yesturday saying she had been ringing me to make appointment but it wasnt my number she had which was odd as i gave her both home and mobile when she came about complaint, anyway i let her in to my ever so untidy hose- we were getting ready to go to the zoo and swimming in case weather went bad so everything was everywhere.:eek: . anyway she is ringing on 18th aug to arrange a time most probably next day although i probably wont have mindees as i have none as yet.
what do i need to to show? should i do sef before she comes?
Im reading through national standards and b23 and everyones great tips for inspections, will she stay ages if i have no children, is it easier with or without?what do you think ill be asked, ive done my hallway like they have asked but my kitchen and garden are still awful-
In the kitchen ive got a horrible wooden floor-previous people didnt look after it and couple doors off cupboards at bottom, do you think i would be able to mind in there if i take doors off top ones and put on bottom? i dont want to spend out money for temp ones when were trying to save £2000 for the whole kitchen.
Ive been dreading the wait for ofsted to come round now its worse i know there coming i have no idea what to do.....and now i breath.....

LittleAcorns
31-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Best thing is, relax........honestly honestly honestly, it really isnt that bad, I hate the fact its called an inspection, I completely switched off to the fact that I had an inspector in my house and did everything as I would, I asked her loads of questions and advice about things......its nothing like your driving test where you cant interact....they want you to get on ok, well that the feeling I got from my inspector

Ask us lots of questions hun
xx

devoncm
31-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Im not very good with on the spot questions, will she ask alot ?
ive printed all my policies off fresh to make sure ive got everything, and printed risk assessments, should i do these even with no children,just round the house? what sort of questions did everyone ask?
I know im not going to get outstanding due to kitchen and garden being a mess,ill be pleased with satisfactory

sarah707
31-07-2008, 11:17 AM
If you're not minding you will probably get satisfactory - which says you are working to the National Standards ... which is good!

You don't need your SEF - it's not eyfs yet.

Please don't panic! You'll be fine - ask about anything you like, we're all here to help :D

miffy
31-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm sure you'll be fine and the more you've got written down (like policies) and evidence (like photos/examples of children's work) to show Ofsted the better and the less the inspector will need to question/ask you about

Try not to panic! Good luck

Miffy xx

devoncm
31-07-2008, 03:07 PM
OK thanks, im sure ill ask lots more before they come though.