PDA

View Full Version : Not received payment from a 3rd party PLEASE ADVISE

diddledumplings
26-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Hiya, I started childminding for 2 children on the last week in September and the college the parent was attending were to pay the childcare costs once they has sorted the parents bursary. I filled in the relevant paperwork the college required for the parent to claim costs as well as the contract. However I have not yet received any payment despite numerous phone calls to the college and now the parent has given verbal notice to me with immediate effect as she is leaving the area.
As the parent signed the contract and not the college, where do I stand in terms of claiming the fees incurred legally and would they be obliged to also pay the notice period?
I have an awful feeling that I'm not going to have a very good standing point legally as the contract was with the parent and not the college. Has anyone experienced this before?
Thanks Xx

Kiddleywinks
26-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I haven't personally, but I would think your first point of call would be college to confirm she did indeed attend - if she didn't they're not going to pay a penny, and then your insurers legal team to find out how you need to proceed

fionamal
26-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Having been in this situation before it was the parent that was to make the childcare payment to the provider and not the college as the college pays the student as part of their bursery

Mouse
26-11-2014, 03:37 PM
I would phone the college and tell them you are referring the matter to your insurer. Then phone your insurer and get the ball rolling.

Good luck.

Koala
26-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Try and get a forwarding address first - maybe ask parent so that you can forward childs records once you have finalized them - this will help your insurers trace them otherwise do a bit of detective work.

I would say your contract is with parent and they are responsible to either pay up or arrange payment whether it's through the college or the man in the moon with bottle tops. Definitely mum signed the contract then MUM sorts payment. What a nice trick just before Christmas :angry:

Merlot
27-11-2014, 04:54 PM
I had someone go through a college. Unfortunately, at the time, mum had started the course and was desperate for childcare. I requested all the relevant paperwork and was told she'd done it. I had a temporary contract set up as it was only a short course. The contract was signed by mum with the college as a third party. I didn't even send the college a copy (which I probably should have). Long story short - mum hadn't done the paperwork properly and I had to persue my money through their finance department. I was messed about and passed from department to department and finally got paid in full after 3 months. It was the biggest pain in the @rse I've ever had. Mum had failed to attend the whole course but I billed the college as she was taking a space. Fortunately, they were reasonable and paid my invoice in full. I think I was lucky but it was a lesson to be learned!

Simona
28-11-2014, 09:40 AM
If you use an 'off the shelf contract' does it not have a section for 'fees paid by 3rd party with relevant Terms and Conditions?

The contracted hours will be with parents but if the pay is coming from any sort of grants, benefits or college please make sure you have all the signatures, references and other vital information in case you are left short of fees...also confirmation from the college

Diddledumplings...your parent has given you verbal notice...make sure you get this in writing
If she is not in need of your care anymore and is moving area it may be she is still attending her course? if not she would have to return all her grant of allowances paid
check it out with the college so they can make sure you get paid and also inform your insurance and get their advice

Good luck ...