PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

brit_chick
31-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Morning everyone.Ive got yet another parent who owes me money.She has just asked me for my bank details so she can pay some money into my account everyweek as she carnt always get the money to me in person.I just wanted to know if this can be done? Will she have any way of getting any of my money out of my account? I am going to ring my bank up & ask them but i just wanted to know what you lot thought & have any of you done this?

Thanks

mrsb
31-07-2008, 09:33 AM
one of my mums does this each month, there is no danger they an take money from you by it either :)

We have a set amount each month then she tops it up in cash if I ever have the girls overtime :)

LittleAcorns
31-07-2008, 09:35 AM
One of my parents pays me by weekly direct debit, they can do it as a direct bank transfer which they manually do each week. all they have is your bank account number and sort code there is no way they can access your account other than to pay money IN, its very safe and peace of mind to you ;) xx

JazzyL
31-07-2008, 10:15 AM
And also means the parent should pay you when they say they will :)

Bushpig
31-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning everyone.Ive got yet another parent who owes me money.She has just asked me for my bank details so she can pay some money into my account everyweek as she carnt always get the money to me in person.I just wanted to know if this can be done? Will she have any way of getting any of my money out of my account? I am going to ring my bank up & ask them but i just wanted to know what you lot thought & have any of you done this?

Thanks

Safe for you to do! :)

brit_chick
31-07-2008, 10:40 AM
She said she will ring the bank up & pay it in over the phone. Can she do this? Sorry for all the questions.I just want to be sure befor i give her my details.

sarah707
31-07-2008, 11:21 AM
It's fine I have parents do this...

You give them your bank details, they ring their bank to authorise the payment.

The only thing is, if the fees are any different you have to make sure you've got a watertight agreement...

she must pay overtime and other agreed extras in cash on whatever day you both agree...

Equally, if you get an overpay due to sickness or holidays, you must agree to pay the money back as soon as it has credited your account.

Hope this helps :D

Polly2
31-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a parent who does this also.

It works for us - before she used to always pay late but now its on time :clapping:

brit_chick
31-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone.I gave her my details & she has just put some in :)

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 03:38 PM
why would she need to do it over phone though, surely easier to set up a standing order?

emler
31-07-2008, 04:45 PM
My parents always pay me this way - its great as payment is always on time

miffy
31-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone.I gave her my details & she has just put some in :)

Pleased it's worked out OK for you :)

Miffy xx

cloud9
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
All my parents pay me by standing order now it is so much easier and if anyone does extra hours they just transfer it by internet banking with the exception of one parent who brings the cash

Jules27
01-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Hadn't thought of his as way of payment, will bear it in mind, thanks!!

Jxx:)

mum22
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I get paid this way, and find it so much easier. I used to hate when they paid in cash cos i always spent it so quick before i got to the bank.:panic:

jaytravis
02-08-2008, 11:12 AM
one of my parents does this as she is very forgetfull and as she only pays £24 a week i put it into my saving acc so i dont touch it( well thats the idea lol)