PDA

View Full Version : Any Christmas ideas for a 16 month old?

KateA
23-11-2014, 08:29 AM
I have a 16 month little one who comes to me once a week, he does not paint, play with play doh or craft bits etc most of time he will just eat it all in given the chance.

I would love to do some Christmas crafts with him any suggestions? I had thought of painting his hands or feet and making a card for mum that way - mistletoe kisses ( feet) or a rain dear with his hands.

tulip0803
23-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I have a 17 month old and so far we have made reindeer using footprint for face and handprints for antlers.

We have also done salt dough decorations but I sat him on my lap to paint (I have 2x 3year olds too so they were doing this themselves) and he has swiped the paintbrush at them and I was able to keep the brush out of his mouth.

If he puts things in his mouth you could seal paper and paint in a plastic zip lock and let him squish the paint about and then cut into the shape of a Christmas decoration when dry.

Reindeer food (without glitter use hundreds and thousands). they can use as sensory play, it's edible and then you can bag some with a ribbon tie.

sarah707
23-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Angel has bumped up lots of Christmas activity ideas recently on the forum so you should see different threads as you browse.

Here is a dedicated Christmas section as well enjoy! :D

Christmas Activities (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/christmas-activities/)

KateA
23-11-2014, 05:33 PM
I have a 17 month old and so far we have made reindeer using footprint for face and handprints for antlers.

We have also done salt dough decorations but I sat him on my lap to paint (I have 2x 3year olds too so they were doing this themselves) and he has swiped the paintbrush at them and I was able to keep the brush out of his mouth.

If he puts things in his mouth you could seal paper and paint in a plastic zip lock and let him squish the paint about and then cut into the shape of a Christmas decoration when dry.

Reindeer food (without glitter use hundreds and thousands). they can use as sensory play, it's edible and then you can bag some with a ribbon tie.

wow love that idea of paint in the bag :-) think I will try that one as well x

KateA
23-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Angel has bumped up lots of Christmas activity ideas recently on the forum so you should see different threads as you browse.

Here is a dedicated Christmas section as well enjoy! :D

Christmas Activities (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/christmas-activities/)

Great thanks will take a look x