PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Georgiepoo
17-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi, I'm still new to this only been childminding for 3 months. I took a new mindee, he was due to start Tuesday 4th November... I had done a lot of planning for his first week but got a very upset call from mum on the morning he was due to start (an hour before) saying could we postpone it till next week and she'd still pay me. We then decided to do a couple more settling in days for a few hours on the thurs and fri. I'm just doing my invoices and am not sure how to charge? My contract says if I'm available to work and you don't send your child on contracted days then fees still apply...but do I start him on the Thursday and charge full days for the 2 days I did reduced hours???

Hope this makes sense???

VeggieSausage
17-11-2014, 09:58 PM
I think as mum said she would still pay I would charge.....as you said you were available and they didn't turn up......full fee payable.....unless of course as a gesture of goodwill you want to not charge until they actually started. If you don't charge then I would charge for the extra settling in sessions.....