PDA

View Full Version : 2yr old funding

Sweetpea
16-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Hello, I'm thinking of taking up the 2yr old funding. I'm used to older children. Is there any type of training you could suggest that would be useful for this age-group?
Thanks

bunyip
16-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Borrow a baby?

Have a baby? (..........just don't ask me, cos The Lurve Bunyip is exhausted.) :rolleyes:

Actually, I could've done with a baby-training course. I can still put nappies on back-to-front and have been known to put baby-grows on upside down. :o :blush: :o :blush: :o

FloraDora
16-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Like Bunyip suggests experiencing 2year olds is the best way - I spent some time volunteering with another childminder who was outstanding and had younger children.
There are lots of research papers, info about Characteristics of learning and schemas that help you understand the way 2 year olds tick.... I have found the free open Learn courses from the OU are really good and give you lots of furthur reading- there are a couple around the how children learn area for babies and 2+ - but I love reading and researching, I know this doesn't suit everyone. Is your LA offering any? mine have offered one for next May!! The funded 2 yearold I have just taken on ( grand daughter of a friend) will be 3 by then!

bunyip
16-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh........er...........yeah............

FloraDora puts it so much nicer than I. :o

:D