PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspection next tuesday with a 1 year old

claire85
14-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Next tuesday i have my inspection , i will have a 1 year old who i have one day a week , so worried what to do as its not like having a toddler where they can do more. Am planning free play along with books and singing rhymes and Messy play squirty cream on her high chair . Any tips on an inspection with babies ? Thanks

moggy
14-11-2014, 04:13 PM
You probably don't have evidence of working with other settings, if you only have had this 1 year old? If that is the case write up and talk about how you would work with, say, a nursery if you had a child going to both you and nursery- how you would write to introduce yourself with parents' permission, initiate a meeting with key person, share LJ, work together on 2yr check, share communications on planning and themes, share newsletters etc. Some people are marked down for not having 'evidence of working together' but of you haven't been in that situation then what can you show!? So I'd go OTT on what your proceedure would be, to show you would do all the right things.

Have clear 'starting points' for this baby, with parent's input- 'All About Me' etc and check age/stages compared to EYO so you can show where baby was when they started (do this retrospectively of you don't have it!). Try to show progress in whatever way you record these things- where baby is now, where they are moving towards, how you are supporting that.

Good luck!

KateA
14-11-2014, 05:05 PM
hi just wanted to say good luck hope all goes well. You can talk about your next steps for little one and how are going to help her reach them and how vyou are including the parents newsletters etc survey on how they feel etc x

claire85
14-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys , iv never had a eyfs child before just after schoolies so its all a bit different , so hard for one day a week i can only gable on and do my best xx

mumofone
20-11-2014, 09:58 AM
How did it go claire85? X