PDA

View Full Version : users of NCMA paperwork please!!

butterfly
30-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm just filling out some contracts and child record forms in preperation for new mindee starting tomorrow and i have a question:

on the child info forms there's a section to put the child's doctor's name and tel. phone and then space for parents to sign to give permission for emergency medical treatment. then in the medication/accident book there's also a grid for all parents to put doctor's name and tel phone and sign to give permission for emergency medical treatment. do i need to get both of these signed or is the one on the information form enough? the trouble is the grid in the medication folder isn't that big and i have 6 occassional mindees alone without any of the regulars!!

mrsb
31-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Personally I always go on the side of caution lol, if there looks like there should be a signature then I get it signed :)

hbomb1
31-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I didn't realise there was a another section in the accident and incident book for parents to sign. I only use this book if I need to record an incident.

I have got a separate permission form for parents to sign allowing emergency medical treatment.

Rubybubbles
03-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I didn't realise there was a another section in the accident and incident book for parents to sign. I only use this book if I need to record an incident.

I have got a separate permission form for parents to sign allowing emergency medical treatment.

this needs to be signed, even with the contract child details signed this was picked up in my inspection:panic:

Spangles
03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm the same as HBomb1, I only get parents to sign accident and incident forms too everything else is my own paperwork.

I can't imagine why this is unacceptable because not everyone has the NCMA paperwork in the first place?

hbomb1
03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
this needs to be signed, even with the contract child details signed this was picked up in my inspection

Thank you Rubybubbles, :littleangel: I had no idea parents HAD to sign this section. I will dig it out in the morning ready for parent to sign.

cloud9
03-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I get all the parents to sign seperate sheets giving permission for emergency treatment. As someone mentioned not everyone uses the NCMA accident book and if ofsted were to try to mark me down for this i would certainly pull them up on that fact!

miffy
03-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I also have separate permission sheets for emergency medical treatment.

I don't use NCMA paperwork anymore - I made up my own accident form - inspector was happy with all my paperwork but as we know, what is fine with one inspector is a no-no to another :rolleyes:

Miffy xx