PDA

View Full Version : How long between applying to ofsted and pre reg visit?

mumofone
01-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Once I'm ready to apply online with ofsted how long does it then take to get my pre registration visit?

CSR2014
01-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi,
It seems to vary considerably depending on time of year etc, summer is always a longer wait as lots try to get registered for the new school year. However, be warned! It can be very quick indeed. I know of a few who have been seen within 5 weeks of applying so be ready!! Not has mine yet but will feedback on it as I have mine looming!!

moggy
02-11-2014, 08:57 AM
As long as a piece of string! I think they have a rough 12 week deadline for their own targets, but if something gets held up like a Social Services check then who knows. Just use the time to get yourself and your house ready. Good luck.

mumofone
02-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys, and what do I need in place for the pre reg visit?

Would I need safety locks on cupboards, stair gates etc in place by then or just tell them when they arrive where I plan to put them etc to make my house safe? How much will they ask me about activities and learning for different age groups etc? Wheres the best place for me to find out this information? Thank yoU!

moggy
02-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys, and what do I need in place for the pre reg visit?

Would I need safety locks on cupboards, stair gates etc in place by then or just tell them when they arrive where I plan to put them etc to make my house safe? How much will they ask me about activities and learning for different age groups etc? Wheres the best place for me to find out this information? Thank yoU!

Have you got the Preparing for your Pre Reg Visit booklet from Ofsted? This is what you need to have ready and most of the questions will come straight out of it (you can refer to your notes). Read Development Matters, lots on ages/stages/activities/learning in there, have it on the table to refer to as well as Early Years Outcomes.

Ofsted | Childcare registration form - Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/childcare-registration-form-early-years-register-preparing-for-your-registration-visit)

It is best to have house ready as if you were working- otherwise it is not clear for Inspector if it is really safe etc. If there is something you really can not do before the PreReg Visit (like if you are having building work done etc) then explain to them on the phone, check it is OK when they phone to arrange visit.