PDA

View Full Version : Hope you all remembered to turn your clock back an hour

FussyElmo
26-10-2014, 07:19 AM
If you did its 7.16am.

If you didn't you are in for an even longer day :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I went to a race/comedy night last night and now making preparations to take ds1 to an cadet outdoor activity day and the ds2 has a football match.

I think I may be squeezing in a mcdonalds breakfast :D

Have a lovely Sunday whatever you are doing :thumbsup:

shortstuff
26-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks Fussy. I turned ds's back last night in the vague hope he wouldn't wake me up too early but when i got out at the new 5.15 he popped his head up with a beaming smile :-(

Apparently im not the only one in my house not sleeping.

Have a lovely day :-)

FussyElmo
26-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks Fussy. I turned ds's back last night in the vague hope he wouldn't wake me up too early but when i got out at the new 5.15 he popped his head up with a beaming smile :-(

Apparently im not the only one in my house not sleeping.

Have a lovely day :-)

Ds2 is out of bed I wouldn't say willingly as the comment was "but Mummy its not a school day".

shortstuff
26-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Ds2 is out of bed I wouldn't say willingly as the comment was "but Mummy its not a school day".

Ah bless.

Trouble with ds is he knew the rule is Sunday you stay in bed till 8am n i was being naughty going downstairs lol

FloraDora
26-10-2014, 08:01 AM
My natural clock is British Summer time, today woke at 5.30 as usual ( my body never seems to get the Sunday message) so have been emailing DS in Columbia, writing Christmas lists, cleaned kitchen, walked the dog and taken early morning photos - lovely crisp day today-, checked out high tech t shirts for christmas gifts - you can get tshirts that protect from sun and insect bites now - great technology in fabric, made some croissants for breakfast ( out of a tin) rearranged my living room and made a good start on reading the morning papers..... I think it will be a long day today, but a non working so once papers and Andrew Marr done, back to reading under a blanket on my sofa.
Happy Sunday.

FussyElmo
26-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Well ds1 dropped off for the day. Ds2 played his football match and I have froze on the sidelines watching him :cold:

He has now gone off to watch dh play football and Im going to do the bane of all our lifes - housework but after a really hot cuppa and perhaps snuggle son the blanket with the girls :D

Rick
26-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Pitch black before 6....depressing!

shortstuff
26-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Pitch black before 6....depressing!

I agree its no fun with an over tired ds either :-(

loocyloo
26-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Been a long day ... ( even longer as forum clock doesn't seem to have changed on my phone! )

Dd has been at a dance comp all day ... had fun and danced well. I'm exhausted having been so nervous for all the dancers I knew!

Rubybubbles
26-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Got up at 8am clock change time then went geocaching all morning :-) extra hour helped!!

Ahh how to change iPhone clock on here???

loocyloo
26-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Got up at 8am clock change time then went geocaching all morning :-) extra hour helped!!

Ahh how to change iPhone clock on here???

I planned to cache on our way home from comp .. But it was pitch black and didn't have energy!
Suggested caching tomorrow and my children want to go to flamingoland instead!

Rubybubbles
26-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I planned to cache on our way home from comp .. But it was pitch black and didn't have energy! Suggested caching tomorrow and my children want to go to flamingoland instead!

Only got 2 this next week, going to seem odd! Sorry I missed getting together last week!! Will meet soon :-D

loocyloo
26-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Only got 2 this next week, going to seem odd! Sorry I missed getting together last week!! Will meet soon :-D

:-) :-) :-)

natlou82
26-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Ooh I love flamingoland! We camped there a couple of years ago. I'm guessing you live close to there so I'm very jealous x

loocyloo
26-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Ooh I love flamingoland! We camped there a couple of years ago. I'm guessing you live close to there so I'm very jealous x

About 15 mins drive! :-) I love it too! I go to the zoo with my LOs and spend hours watching the penguins and giraffes!

natlou82
27-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Great :-) my nearest zoo is Twycross and that's about an hr and a half :( my the LOs I have love animals :-) have fun x

hectors house
27-10-2014, 07:36 AM
When my children were little we didn't used to bother changing our routine when clocks changed on that first Sunday as the children still got up at their normal "body clock" time, we would then put the children to bed, then change the clocks and get an hour to ourselves! It didn't used to make much difference back in the good old days whether you changed your clock or not as there was no Sunday trading hours. Sundays was spent as a family day, going for walks, having a roast meal at lunch time, riding our horse, playing board games - only thing that was open on a Sunday was swimming pool.

On the subject of zoos, I live only 10 mins from Longleat, so have an annual pass to use with children under 3, some of my older children have their own pass anyway and I ask the parents to bring it in the holiday. Very exciting last week when we popped over, they are getting ready for their Xmas extravaganza and have teams of chinese experts putting up fantastic lighting displays.